No shortage of analyses of the BYU game, so. . . | The Boneyard

No shortage of analyses of the BYU game, so. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
For the first time in MONTHS, my blood pressure skyrocketed - I admit I was worried at first. BYU played us very well, and I was impressed with their moxie and their 6'7" center. We prevailed of course and the storm coursing through my veins has settled down, but it was a great game, and I should have had the same confidence as you.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda

Reaction Score
Good game to learn from. When things don't go well, try something else. We stopped shooting threes as much and clamped down on defense. And Kaleena was key with her rebounding.

Reaction Score
It seems like only yesterday that NC State beat Houston on Lorenzo Charles' slam of Derek Wittenburg's airball. Thurl Bailey was under the basket on that fateful play.

Reaction Score
For the first time in MONTHS, my blood pressure skyrocketed - I admit I was worried at first. BYU played us very well, and I was impressed with their moxie and their 6'7" center. We prevailed of course and the storm coursing through my veins has settled down, but it was a great game, and I should have had the same confidence as you.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda
I don't think I was "worried" but I was surely uncomfortable. I was wondering when the Huskies would start doing a better job running their offense because I thought they were playing too quickly and rushing themselves. A lot of their shots were with more than 15 seconds still left on the time clock so they weren't necessarily allowing themselves to find the best shot. There was also the fact that a few of the baskets made by BYU were almost unconscious. When people who ordinarily are just average scorers start going off despite very tight coverage, it causes you to think, "what the heck is going on????" Thankfully a bit of normalcy returned with our performance in the second half.

Reaction Score
IMO you really have to wait until the 6 minute mark to be worried vs. such a low seed. They were a low seed for a reason. Wait to see if they can sustain it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It seems like only yesterday that NC State beat Houston on Lorenzo Charles' slam of Derek Wittenburg's airball. Thurl Bailey was under the basket on that fateful play.
I had forgot all about Thurl... glad to hear his name mentioned again, the good ol' days.

his niece is very solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32