No room for ND on UConn's Schedule... | The Boneyard

No room for ND on UConn's Schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Just in from Becca:

UConn/Notre Dame not playing next year: "No room on UConn's schedule." Tune in tonight! 7pm ESPN NDvsUCONN

I've been in Germany for a month...is this old news?

Reaction Score
Yea it's old news, 4-5 months old to be precise
Well, technically no, it is new news since up until today ND was still going to be in the remnants of the BE for one more year. Since they are now officially moving to the ACC on July 1, there will be no conference games. ND wants to play us OOC, Geno says no. I am fine with that.

Reaction Score
That's an offshoot of the fluid nature of conference realignment. Out-of-conference commitments are usually made a year or more in advance, and it would be difficult to shoehorn anyone into next year's schedule at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see ND and UConn begin a series in 2014-15 or, if not then, 2015-16.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
With 18 conference games next years as opposed to 16 this year, don't know who Geno would cut from next year's schedule to accomodate ND. Pretty sure Muffet knew this, so it was easy for her to say, "hey, let's play." Maybe a year off (except for the NCAA's) wouldn't be a bad spacing for either team....

Reaction Score
Well, technically no, it is new news since up until today ND was still going to be in the remnants of the BE for one more year. Since they are now officially moving to the ACC on July 1,

Not exactly. Once the C7 announced their split off effective Jul 1, it was pretty clear that ND wasn't going to stick around. They floated going to C7 for a season, but it was all-but-sure that the ACC was going to scramble to accommodate them for next year.

Reaction Score
With 18 conference games next years as opposed to 16 this year

UConn should've fought the move to 18. The new entrants are going to hurt competition and surely attendance. Huskies could've used those 2 extra games for some better matchups.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm kinda bummed out by this!

I always want to play ND. Its a good rivalry. Even though I dislike Diggins, I still think highly of Muffet and the Fighting Irish. I will root for them (of course not tonight)....

Reaction Score
Not exactly. Once the C7 announced their split off effective Jul 1, it was pretty clear that ND wasn't going to stick around. They floated going to C7 for a season, but it was all-but-sure that the ACC was going to scramble to accommodate them for next year.
Nothing is official until it is official. Today, it is official. Lots of people are floating theories of UConn to the B10, the ACC, etc. While I get your point, as a purest all but sure isn't the same as sure. Like 14 is not 8....

Reaction Score
We need to send them away with a hearty "L" and not a championship

Reaction Score
Just in from Becca:

UConn/Notre Dame not playing next year: "No room on UConn's schedule."

Considering UConn will have absolutely no competition in the crap conference they will be forced to play in next season, and the fact there are very few elite teams that can actually give the Huskies a good game, it would not be wise Geno and company to cut ties with another worthy rival. Seriously, not only would this impact recruiting, but who the heck is going to go pay to watch the Huskies slaughter every opponent by 40+? Too bad the UConn Athletic Department didn't have better foresight and/or negotiation skills.

Dislike 'em or hate 'em, UConn WBB will miss ND...I know I will...however, I predict they will not go many seasons without playing each other once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom