OT: No Orange Banner For You | The Boneyard

OT: No Orange Banner For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe we have some polo championships as well. Paintball isn't a "recognized" sport but I think we have at least one paintball championship. Yup, paintball.

Reaction Score
Peacefrog said:
I believe we have some polo championships as well. Paintball isn't a "recognized" sport but I think we have at least one paintball championship. Yup, paintball.

We have several polo (maybe close to 10 between the two genders), but it's not an NCAA sport so it's not really counted. The teams are run and funded by the Ag school and not the athletic department.

But for the sake of bragging, I admit I sometimes throw polo in there too. There was a stretch where we won a title every year for 10 years from 1995-2004, since polo filled in the 1996-99 gap in between WBB and MBB.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I don't really understand most of the rules of FH as there are so many little calls, but the UConn goalie as a rs freshman was excellent and made some great saves as Cuse had the ball in their offensive end quite a bit. Another National title is always a good thing no matter what the sport.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Syracuse played with a lot of grit. A lot of grit. And pluck.

They were gritty with their sticks. Or sticky with their grits.

I was just very impressed with the way their field hockey team played defense. They covered players, they didn't just sit back and defend an area. I think their kids will be ready to play defense in the pros.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How soon before we enter the world of lacrosse?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure we already have D1 women's lacrosse just not men's (club only).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Syracuse played with a lot of grit. A lot of grit. And pluck.

They really did. Boewhine should have the team come speak to his young squad. This years edition of cuse mbb is sorely lacking in the pluck department. Especially Cooney. What good is s a short white guy who lacks grit and pluck? He's no McNamara or Devendorf or Rautins that's for sure.

Reaction Score
nomar said:
Took me a second. Very clever.

Me too. I was wondering why the 'K' looked so weird before I caught on.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The B & K look great here. Also love the Dual/Champs logo for our basketball teams. Creative stuff. Keep it rolling.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Funny story - back in 1981 my roommate and I were walking back from the gym and we saw a bunch of people watching a woman's field hockey game, so we stayed and watched. UConn wins and everyone starts screaming and going crazy. The teams runs out to the center of the field and start jumping up and down. We look at each other and without a word run out on to the field into the center of it and start yelling and jumping with the girls, grabbed the nearest girl hugged them picking and swinging them around and just generally celebrating. After a minute or two we hugged out way out of the scrum and walked home. The next day there's a picture in the Daily Campus of the NCAA champion Huskies celebrating the win with two unknown (and unknowing) fans. Good times.

Reaction Score
We have several polo (maybe close to 10 between the two genders), but it's not an NCAA sport so it's not really counted. The teams are run and funded by the Ag school and not the athletic department.

But for the sake of bragging, I admit I sometimes throw polo in there too. There was a stretch where we won a title every year for 10 years from 1995-2004, since polo filled in the 1996-99 gap in between WBB and MBB.

Polo not an NCCA sport. That's an outrage. Just another example of discrimination against the privileged and well to do

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The B & K look great here. Also love the Dual/Champs logo for our basketball teams. Creative stuff. Keep it rolling.
I will order my Mens BB version in March

Reaction Score
Before Gampel the footprint was taken up by a surface parking lot that had small stone walls on either corner next to Hillside Rd and Stadium Rd and the back half next to the East Memorial stands was the field hockey field. I don't remember them playing games on "the Moon"at that time but maybe that changed. Good for the stickers, that is a tough sport.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How soon before we enter the world of lacrosse?
Not soon enough. Out recent showing in Men's Ice Hockey has me even more convinced that we could become a major player in a short amount of time in Men's Lacrosse as well.

Our geography (and natural recruiting base due to said geography), national brand as a major NCAA athletic program, leadership (finally) throughout the school an in the athletic department and fan support would allow us to climb the ranks quickly.

Reaction Score
My senior year, I was running the campus loop with a friend and ran into the entire FH team running the loop with their sticks on N Eagleville. As I went by the team Captain, who I knew from HS I whistled loudly and clear enough, 'Nice arse, X.' I swear my friend peed in his shorts screaming 'they're going to kill is' as the two of us sprinted down Hillside Road with a dozen and a half women running after us swinging their large wooden weapons. We lived and I had dinner at McMahon with the Captain a few nights later and we could barely eat because we were laughing so much.

All joking aside, wining back-to-back titles in any NCAA sport is a feat. Congrats Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom