No one cares about excuses | The Boneyard

No one cares about excuses

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Safe to say that officiating hasn’t been kind to our Huskies these last few games. Unlucky bounces, improbable buckets, technical fouls, you name it - we’ve had it. That said, no one on the outside cares about excuses. Team has lost two straight & haven’t responded well to this large target on their backs. It’s been painful to watch, so I can only imagine how it’s felt for the players.

This is eerily similar to what happened in 2011 after the Maui tourni with Kemba & crew. They peaked early but then went through an extended rough patch. However, that adversity brought them together & they gelled as a team. We all know how things ended.

This team still has loads of talent & the potential to do great things. Here’s hoping they fight through the adversity, take the “overrated” chants personally & become all the better from it.

A lot of season left - time to work even harder.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Safe to say that officiating hasn’t been kind to our Huskies these last few games. Unlucky bounces, improbable buckets, technical fouls, you name it - we’ve had it. That said, no one on the outside cares about excuses. Team has lost two straight & haven’t responded well to this large target on their backs. It’s been painful to watch, so I can only imagine how it’s felt for the players.

This is eerily similar to what happened in 2011 after the Maui tourni with Kemba & crew. They peaked early but then went through an extended rough patch. However, that adversity brought them together & they gelled as a team. We all know how things ended.

This team still has loads of talent & the potential to do great things. Here’s hoping they fight through the adversity, take the “overrated” chants personally & become all the better from it.

A lot of season left - time to work even harder.

I think your thread title was better than your explanation.

Correct. No one cares. Things go awry and go screwy during a game. Fight through them and do better. Guards and wings were destroyed on both ends tonight.

Carter's a sophomore? Oy vey. UConn fans will be wanking about him until he leaves.

Reaction Score
Working harder is not the problem. We play extremely hard. We played extremely hard tonight.

We need to work a LOT smarter. Stop fouling. Providence's entire gameplan is drawing fouls. And we obliged them. Stop reaching. Stay under control. Don't get rattled by the crowd. Don't rush your 3s.

Reaction Score
People who say we're being "out toughed" or "don't work hard enough" aren't watching the game. It grinds my gears when people accuse the players or not caring or being selfish. Give me a break.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Working harder is not the problem. We play extremely hard. We played extremely hard tonight.

We need to work a LOT smarter. Stop fouling. Providence's entire gameplan is drawing fouls. And we obliged them. Stop reaching. Stay under control. Don't get rattled by the crowd. Don't rush your 3s.
Not saying the players don’t work or play hard. Simply stating that they mustn’t get down on themselves when things go wrong, block out the noise & strive to work even harder to maximize their potential as a team.

I agree entirely on playing & coaching smarter. Lack of in game adjustments is why we’ve lost these past two games by double digits.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I think your thread title was better than your explanation.

Correct. No one cares. Things go awry and go screwy during a game. Fight through them and do better. Guards and wings were destroyed on both ends tonight.

Carter's a sophomore? Oy vey. UConn fans will be wanking about him until he leaves.
Couldn’t believe Kenny G was lighting us up

Reaction Score

Yes, and provide more help defense. Possibly utilize zone variation to clog the middle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom