No Omar Thread? | The Boneyard

No Omar Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that wasn't one of the first threads posted last night. I've been critical of Omar at times but have to give the kid a lot of credit for staying ready and having a big game after being thrust into the starting lineup. Had a very efficient 14 points to lead the team. I thought Facey shook off the rust and played great as well. That's one thing KO deserves credit for, is not losing kids when their minutes wane. He and staff do a good job of keeping guys ready for the right matchups.

Reaction Score
Omar in the first half and Facey during our big spurt in the second. Our veteran bench guys came up huge. Weird to think of Facey as a veteran...

Reaction Score
Omar in the first half and Facey during our big spurt in the second. Our veteran bench guys came up huge. Weird to think of Facey as a veteran...
I know, crazy huh? Facey is a guy I feel has so much more potential if given more opportunity. I was fortunate to meet JC after the 12-13 season. Unsolicited, he brought up Facey and said he was going to be special. We all know, JC is no stranger to building guys up prior to this season, but he wasn't even going to be coaching him so there was no reason for it.

Reaction Score
Omar has been steadily improving the last few weeks, and had an awesome all around game yesterday. He not only shot the ball well, but made pretty sound decisions. What is very encouraging, is he's moving a lot more fluid now and is defending very well.

If he can keep this up, it gives KO another solid option off the bench, or like yesterday, a new member of the starting lineup.

Like most of us here, I find omar a really likeable kid, who you can't help but root for to succeed. I hope yesterday was the game where he's finally turned the corner and can begin to play like he did his freshman season.

Reaction Score
Omar has been steadily improving the last few weeks, and had an awesome all around game yesterday. He not only shot the ball well, but made pretty sound decisions. What is very encouraging, is he's moving a lot more fluid now and is defending very well.

If he can keep this up, it gives KO another solid option off the bench, or like yesterday, a new member of the starting lineup.

Like most of us here, I find omar a really likeable kid, who you can't help but root for to succeed. I hope yesterday was the game where he's finally turned the corner and can begin to play like he did his freshman season.
He does look a lot more fluid this year and is capable of contributing in other ways than scoring. If he starts, it gives us a nice bench of Adams, Purvis, Facey, Nolan, Enoch (sorry Sam). The problem is from a ball handling standpoint, you can't go with this lineup for much more than the first 4 minutes, if that. Fortunately, they started off well yesterday and those early minutes from Omar were valuable.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Omar is who he is at this point... A great all around team guy and a streaky 3 pt shooter. When he's on, he's on. When he's not, he's not.

He seems to be love shooting at Gampel... He was 4 for 4 from 3 vs Ohio State and 4 for 5 last night.

I think Omar has shown that he's a decent defender. I would prefer to see him utilize his mid range jumper a bit more.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Omar had periods of very good basketball last night and this team needed every minute of them
Omar had periods of WTF moments last night (everyone did) and a few were costly
Omar is Omar but I think he has done better than my expectations of 2 months ago.
I still think KF could be a special player and should be used when SM starts hiding as he does a few times again - KF hits the boards, SM stays away

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Omar is doing great. He looks like he belongs in there. He is around most of the plays offensive and defensive. Showing big time confidence. In fact, didn't he start off last night?
You will see him again in the starting five. Not a bad rotation last night.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Omar is a good example of coach working with a player, seeing something in practice and giving him an opportunity.

Facey was awesome on offense for a while. but he and Enoch were killing us on defense during Tulsa's run.

Reaction Score
Omar is a good example of coach working with a player, seeing something in practice and giving him an opportunity.

Facey was awesome on offense for a while. but he and Enoch were killing us on defense during Tulsa's run.

All the bigs killed us on defense during Tulsa's run except Phil who didn't see any or much time. They're all fairly putrid guarding people, tough to watch. Minus Miller who is constantly trying to make up for all that happens down there and gets taken away. He loses it too I know that, but a lot of it is proactive based on his surroundings.

Reaction Score
I think biggest improvement in Omar's game has been his defense. Felt like it used to be a bit of liability to have him out there defensively for the random spurts of 3 pt offense he sometimes brought. Now, I feel like Omar is contributing much more than just being a streaky shooter.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know, crazy huh? Facey is a guy I feel has so much more potential if given more opportunity. I was fortunate to meet JC after the 12-13 season. Unsolicited, he brought up Facey and said he was going to be special. We all know, JC is no stranger to building guys up prior to this season, but he wasn't even going to be coaching him so there was no reason for it.

Facey really, really needed to take a developmental red shirt his freshman year. That was a huge miss.

Reaction Score
tumblr_lj8oapqJN11qiguseo1_1280.jpg

Reaction Score
Omar played great last night - nice to see him rounding out his career with some high notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom