No more made up trophy games | The Boneyard

No more made up trophy games

Reaction Score
Only trophies I care about are the AAC championship trophy and the one from whatever bowl we win after that! But I admit it would be kinda cool if we upset UCF and the players started running around the field holding the ConFLiCT trophy.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
It would be hilarious if we became a big name football program in the aac and UCF fell of the face of the planet and they tried to revive the rivalry to jump start their football program again. When they contacted us and we were like " nah man You had your chance. You weren't there for us during our worst...you dont deserve us at our best."

There are two jokes in that post FYI

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I'm comfortable living in a world where The ConFLiCT Trophy no longer exists, but this crime against humanity is still going strong. I present to you the most insane trophy in all of competitive sports... The Land Grant Trophy.

Reaction Score
I suggest they keep it for one more year. UCF can win it this year and thus retire the damn trophy. Full stop. End of story. A natural death.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It cant be killed. Media mentions it every year and will continue to do so. This is just another chapter in its lore.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It cant be killed. Media mentions it every year and will continue to do so. This is just another chapter in its lore.
Yes and so, for the time being the trophy, whether tangible or not, is working. Certainly not working as envisioned, but it does generate some extra buzz, albeit of the dubious variety. This stinky trophy will be around for a long while, especially if we manage to win a few games (because then we'll naturally still want to talk about it).

Reaction Score
800px-Information_Plaque_for_the_Pennsylvania_State_University%E2%80%99s_Berkey_Creamery.jpg

Imagine UConn and Penn State creating a trophy over ice cream. Unfortunately, UConn's Dairy Bar was opened in the early 50s. That may work against us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
800px-Information_Plaque_for_the_Pennsylvania_State_University%E2%80%99s_Berkey_Creamery.jpg

Imagine UConn and Penn State creating a trophy over ice cream. Unfortunately, UConn's Dairy Bar was opened in the early 50s. That may work against us.
There's a Sandusky joke in there somewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom