No moral victories, just a loss. | The Boneyard

No moral victories, just a loss.

Reaction Score
Fun to watch but a winnable game we couldn't close. In the long run it won't mean much.

Our end of game/ end of half offense leaves much to be desired. Something for the guys to work on.

Reaction Score
Definitely our half court offense looks bad and out of bounds plays are horrible.

But honestly, games like that just become about the refs trying to foul everyone out. Very little in the second overtime was decided by basketball plays.

Reaction Score
Hopefully it taste like sour milk this year and not like warm milk of years past.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is absolutely BRUTAL. McDonald's All American? He's not even a Sbarro All American right now. He's killing us.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn showed something tonight in coming back at halftime and then doing it again in the first OT.
AG needs to be smarter with the ball and look for others and not just drive and shoot

Reaction Score
Fun to watch but a winnable game we couldn't close. In the long run it won't mean much.

Our end of game/ end of half offense leaves much to be desired. Something for the guys to work on.
Agree. I don’t wanna here anything about how tough we played. We pissed away a game we easily should have won if not for stupidity. There is nothing positive to be taken away from that.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Not just a loss.

Didn't expect to go toe to toe against a very strong, upper-classmen dominated team. Incredibly disappointed we gave the game away, but feel better about this team than I did before the game started.

Reaction Score
Lost that game at the end of regulation with vital hero ball chucking a 3 for no apparent reason on our second to las possession. then why do we call a timeout to just let Gilbert go one on one at the end, plenty of time to run some type of action. If your gonna do that just don’t call the time out.

Reaction Score
Definitely our half court offense looks bad and out of bounds plays are horrible.

But honestly, games like that just become about the refs trying to foul everyone out. Very little in the second overtime was decided by basketball plays.
The bars close early even on Friday. They need to hit the sauce and Mack on some local talent. Life of a ref.

Reaction Score
UConn showed something tonight in coming back at halftime and then doing it again in the first OT.
AG needs to be smarter with the ball and look for others and not just drive and shoot

He should know that by now.

Reaction Score
Agree. These games you gotta win. Teams that are ranked pull these close games out. Future is heading in right direction but we are a .500 team this year.

Reaction Score
Normally I am in the no moral victories camp, but after 3 losing seasons, and the St. Joe's debacle, I'll take one tonight

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Agree. These games you gotta win. Teams that are ranked pull these close games out. Future is heading in right direction but we are a .500 team this year.

UConn is not a .500 team. This is not last year

We need better leadership from the seniors or they can sit

Reaction Score
This is probably a solid NIT team with some interesting pieces. Next year is where the leap will be made.

Reaction Score
Getting blown out by good teams in recent years and playing close but lose in OT both count as the same L.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
This was really frustrating...i was ready to throw my TV off the balcony with some of these calls. Bouk reminds me of jlamb with a killer instinct which gives me faith. But, the refs and broadcasters tonight made me pretty angry

Reaction Score
This was a loss. Committee doesn’t take into account close losses. We are not a top 25 team. We are 3-2 with a very very bad loss. Needed this game big time.
If this was next year, agreed. But we're not aiming for top 25. We want to prove we're a tournament team and after tonight I think we are

Reaction Score
We’re UCONN. We don’t do moral victories to Xavier or anybody else. This was a winnable game, but too much Hero ball from AG cost us the W. That can’t keep happening all year. Instead of flailing into the lane and getting rejected, how about draw and dish to someone else? This was vintage “Ollie-level AG”. Im so pissed right now!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom