No Marching Band | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Marching Band

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Thanks for the education. If you go back a couple of months, everyone had a model. As we learn more about those models, they were Stop. “No face masks needed”. Whoops face masks are mandatory. “ Wipe off everything you touch”. Whoops, now we are hearing that may not be true. “Heat will dampen the virus“. Whoops, California and Florida don’t support that theory.
Face it, the experts are winging it because they have never been through this before but it has cultivated And empowered those who would tell everyone what to do.We dont really know what the future holds but it doesn’t stop the “experts” from saying events into the fall and winter should be cancelled now!

You're conflating different things now.

And I'd rather follow experts who are making recommendations based on science and experience then a bunch of keyboard tough guys who don't know the first thing about viruses.

Reaction Score
You know you're dealing with a Deplorable when they bust out the "why don't you care about black people killing black people in Chicago" bit.

1591708603368.png

Reaction Score
There is only one flaw in your. Logic. Chicago is acknowledged to have one of the most rigorous gun control laws in the country. I still believe Chicago is the best city in the US but it Went off the rails sometime ago for a lot of reasons not relevant here.
this discussion has also gone off the tracks. As a Professor taught me years ago, group think is dangerous. We need to use the intelligence we were given. Rather than the knee jerk reaction “we must cancel the band at football and basketball,“ there are alternatives if we think about them.

No, that's not a flaw in the logic. Unless municipalities are going to stop and search every person and car coming into their jurisdiction for contraband, there is only so much (and it's not much) municipal ordinances can accomplish. When's the last time you voluntarily paid a use tax on an item you bought from out of state?

State gun regulation is better, but only federal gun regulation will have material effectiveness on keeping guns out of the hands of people who purchase them for the purpose of committing crimes.

Reaction Score

And I'd rather follow experts who are making recommendations based on science and experience then a bunch of keyboard tough guys who don't know the first thing about viruses.
Which keeps changing on almost a daily basis.
CNBC (Not Fox) reported yesterday a new report from the WHO (If you beleve them) that asymptomatic spread is "very rare".

So back to the original thread topic. Why would you keep the band from the games and same for fans if this report is to be believed?
Test and isolate sick people.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the education. If you go back a couple of months, everyone had a model. As we learn more about those models, they were Stop. “No face masks needed”. Whoops face masks are mandatory. “ Wipe off everything you touch”. Whoops, now we are hearing that may not be true. “Heat will dampen the virus“. Whoops, California and Florida don’t support that theory.
Face it, the experts are winging it because they have never been through this before but it has cultivated And empowered those who would tell everyone what to do.We dont really know what the future holds but it doesn’t stop the “experts” from saying events into the fall and winter should be cancelled now!

LOL. Now you've gone from masking your racism with fake logic to trying to mask it with flat out stupidity. (Yes, I know it works on Fox News so maybe I shouldn't blame you.)

Reread your second paragraph. You are defining a prediction, rather than a fact, and then showing anger because predictions, viewed after the event occurs, don't always turn out to be right. There is no solution to that other than failing to make and heed the best predictions that can be made. Which gets us back to the flat out stupidity point.

Reaction Score

Which keeps changing on almost a daily basis.
CNBC (Not Fox) reported yesterday a new report from the WHO (If you beleve them) that asymptomatic spread is "very rare".

So back to the original thread topic. Why would you keep the band from the games and same for fans if this report is to be believed?
Test and isolate sick people.
And just as I posted this the WHO has walked back their comments. Typical bull crap all around.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
And just as I posted this the WHO has walked back their comments. Typical bull crap all around.

The only mistake the WHO and others have made is providing a constant stream of information before it's been vetted.

If they say nothing until data is verified, they are accused of hiding information. If they release info to soon, they risk the stupidity you spew.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If the supposed issue is spittle from the horns, why not at least have the great UCONN drum line?
they can certainly appropriately socialdistance.
You guys are embarrassing

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
who dat?
'Chinese authorities subsequently reported that laboratory tests ruled out SARS-CoV,'
'China has strong public health capacities and resources to respond and manage respiratory disease outbreaks.'
'WHO does not recommend any specific measures for travellers. WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the information currently available.'
who dat? good thing our President did the complete opposite, when he shut down the chinese, then european flights shortly after this nonsense. then, he ended our cash going to that ccp virus infected organization. now, we call them 'who cares what you think?'

Reaction Score

>>“Our goal is to ensure that Marching Band members can participate under healthy, safe conditions while being prepared with the skills to pick up in-person activities when that is appropriate,” the statement read. “Our students’ health and safety is our primary concern, as it is throughout the University. Moving forward on the band’s regular in-person schedules for the fall semester posed too many logistical challenges to ensure we could fully adhere to the proper social distancing and health protection procedures.”<<

Alternate access link here

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There will be no band at any of the football games. Including no Pep bands at all basketball and hockey games.

Did people think there were going to be bands? Seriously? I am not sure there will be fans. It's pretty obvious that blowing into a horn is a high droplet spread event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom