No Man's Sky | The Boneyard

No Man's Sky

Reaction Score
It's out today. Who's got it? Who's playing it? What do you think?

Amazon is sending me my copy tomorrow since I waited until more of the Limited Editions became available. Can't wait to play. The whole idea reminds me so much of Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes alter ego Spaceman Spiff that I hope I can name my character after him.

tapioca.JPG

Reaction Score
Debating getting it for PC. It definitely looks incredibly interesting/awesome, but I'm scared that I'll just get bored considering there's no goal to the game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm "old" and have a kid now so I don't have much game time... But if I did I'd love this... Great analogy with Calvin too.

Reaction Score
Debating getting it for PC. It definitely looks incredibly interesting/awesome, but I'm scared that I'll just get bored considering there's no goal to the game.
I've heard it's had quite a few issues with frame rate and crashes on the PC port. Guess it wasn't handled by Hello Games. I would wager the experience will get more stable with time.

I am really enjoying it though, even if I can see it's more grindy aspects coming into focus. Admittedly I'm only a few hours in, and I haven't even left my first planet, but I'm really digging just finding all the unique things on this first stop. I've read that that uniqueness fades away as even though subsequent planets and systems may look different, their bones are all inherently the same. But we'll see. I generally like the languid pace and in these gigantic, sandbox type games (Far Cry, GTA, Skyrim, etc), I love to explore and try to find every nook, cranny and secret.

Reaction Score
The game is so terrible the makers are offering some refunds. lol! This game was a major fail.

Reaction Score
Well they certainly over promised and under delivered, but what they did deliver is pretty interesting and fun in it's own right IMO. I'm still playing and enjoying it anyway. It will be interesting to see how it evolves too, hopefully Hello Games continues to support it.

I think people were going in expecting it to be this rousing, swashbuckling experience (like the opening minutes of Guardians of the Galaxy), and perhaps were led to believe in that, when really it's more a grindy, thoughtful, repetitive, meditative exploration game. I think long term it'll be looked back upon fondly and develop a pretty hardcore, cult following.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom