No man's land: When concussions force a college football player to retire (re: Casey Cochran) | The Boneyard

No man's land: When concussions force a college football player to retire (re: Casey Cochran)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is a great article (aside from calling the New Haven Register the New Hampshire Register :) )

Informative, especially about how CC got to the point he had no other choice but retire, and the great things he is doing now. I also liked how he acknowledged that he is lucky he is at a place like UConn that is honoring his scholarship through getting his Masters.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It was hard not to be disappointed when the news of his retirement broke. After reading the story, I'm happy for him making the right decision. It's a great story and it's also nice to see how supportive UConn was throughout the process.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Great find. Thanks for sharing. Nice to get an inside look at Casey, post-retirement. He's got a lot going for him besides his arm. Glad to see how involved he is with helping others in the same situation, and perhaps helping kids avoid that end.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Crazy question possibly - why not take the helmet away from the player?

Is rugby in Australia dealing with the same head issues as the NFL?

Thought process is that head to head contact is most likely to highest cause followed by head hitting ground.

Reaction Score
I was had the knee jerk reaction to CC's retirement saying to myself "well there goes our season", but I listened to him on WTIC on the way home from work this weekend and he is a phenomenal commentator. I don't think I heard him stumble of his words once and his knowledge of the game is top notch.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Aljazeera? Interesting, the Middle East is an untapped recruiting area that UConn should try to capitalize on. Let's reduce concussions by replacing helmets with hijabs and turbans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@huskymedic
...and why exactly were you perusing AlJazeera?

joseph_mccarthy1.jpg

"Are you now or have you ever been a member of ISIS?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member