No Love From Syracuse | The Boneyard

No Love From Syracuse

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's difficult to take this analysis seriously when we are shown as having gone to the Sugar Bowl after the 2010 season, although admittedly that notion can only help our prestige and image.

Reaction Score
We'll get back to kicking Orange butt as we used to.

But it isn't happening this season.

Reaction Score
It is a good time to catch Syracuse...they have a string going of four seasons of having 4 wins or less.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Boggles my mind to look back and see that Syracuse beat Clemson last year. Totally forgot about that. But lost to Middle Tennessee

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
In the last four years, Cuse has beat the following:
2017: CCSU, Clemson, Central Michigan, Pitt
2016:Colgate, UConn, VT, BC
2015:URI, Wake, CMU, BC
2014:Villanova, CMU, Wake

They are a really bad football program. We're worse, and we're playing them on the road, so I doubt we win, but they are really just a marginally better program than us. They'd have a tough time getting 6 wins in the American

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You never know. I think it is possible, to beat the Cuse at the Dome as they are not great or even good.

Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Their odds of victory are too low. We have maaayybbee a 10% chance to win, and that's being kind.

Syracuse is pretty bad but are still considerably ahead of us. They are not too talented but run a great offense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Aside from having the bowl game wrong, they seem to think UConn beat Syracuse in their last meeting. They also suggest that Shirreffs was some new transfer last year, boosting our offense, instead of the guy who also ran it the year before when we were worst in the country. On the O-line, they talk about replacements, without mentioning injury returnees that could be an upgrade. D-line...yeah, I'm worried about that too.

The overall conclusion is perhaps not wrong, Syracuse should be favored, but it's self serving and reflects a lack of accurate information about the opponent. Unfortunately, I think the Syracuse staff will do a better job scouting UConn.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The Sugar Bowl error is inexcusable. Other than that, I couldn't disagree with anything he said.

Reaction Score
You never know. I think it is possible, to bet the Cuse at the Dome as they are not great or even good.
I BET you meant BEAT and I agree....;)

Syracuse would also want a hypothetical Northeast Conference that has Army in it instead of us:
Hypothetical Northeast Conference gives Syracuse most of what it wants
#NORESPECT
Des Conner now writing under the pen name John Casillo? :D OK, bad joke but one has to wonder if this Cuse fan realizes his so called North East Conference team list, only half of the teams are from the north east. The rest are below the Mason Dixon line and considered in the south. :confused:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
In the last four years, Cuse has beat the following:
2017: CCSU, Clemson, Central Michigan, Pitt
2016:Colgate, UConn, VT, BC
2015:URI, Wake, CMU, BC
2014:Villanova, CMU, Wake

They are a really bad football program. We're worse, and we're playing them on the road, so I doubt we win, but they are really just a marginally better program than us. They'd have a tough time getting 6 wins in the American

Is it true they are scheduled to play central Michigan three times this year to help stack up the victories?

Reaction Score
An outside-in viewpoint. Part of the Jack Welch mantra when running GE in their glory days. What engineers strive for. Assess the situation as it is, not how you would like it to be. Funny how everyone's head is going up and down, but if a member of this board posts the unvarnished truth they get flamed. Oh, well ....

Just win, baby, win. It all changes with wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom