NO KML-The Drop Off Is Not As Bad As It Could Be | The Boneyard

NO KML-The Drop Off Is Not As Bad As It Could Be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We will miss KML but it won't be as bad as you might think. We should be somewhat better defensively and rebounding with Kiah playing more. As Geno says, "Our defense wins games. Our offense determine the margin." And she is contributing more on offence.

The offense can focus a little more on Stewie, Stef and Bria for the next few games.

The Cardinals are our only real challenge before the NCAA's. Even if we lose to them before March Madness begins, it's no big deal.

KML hopefully will be back by then. With her, we are prohibitive favorites to win it all. Even without her we are still the team to beat.

Let not your hearts be troubled.

Reaction Score
I agree! Losing KML would be devastating to most teams, but not this one and that's no knock on KML. What I'm looking forward to is Big Mama Stef getting more 20+ games. When she's ON, an opponent only has one choice: clog the lane and play zone. Then Stewie, et al, start dropping bombs.

Reaction Score
The loss of KML will affect UConn the most in games in which the opposing team packs the paint and forces UConn to beat them from the outside. If Hartley, Jefferson, Chong, and Banks can consistently make wide open three point shots they should be fine if not they may struggle. Remember there is not a better "zone buster" in all of women's basketball than KML.

Reaction Score
The loss of KML will affect UConn the most in games in which the opposing team packs the paint and forces UConn to beat them from the outside. If Hartley, Jefferson, Chong, and Banks can consistently make wide open three point shots they should be fine if not they may struggle. Remember there is not a better "zone buster" in all of women's basketball than KML.
You can clog the paint, Stewie still has the mid-range jumper, and so does Stef. UConn also rebounds well on the offensive boards, many options, even if the shots aren't falling. Stewie at the top of a zone could score 40, shoot, pass, drive, too many options for someone that talented. Hard to block out in a zone, don't put a body on Stef, and Stewie you are asking for them to get a lot of put backs.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We will miss KML but it won't be as bad as you might think. Let not your hearts be troubled.

I guess such good cheer is comparable to having the beloved family dog run over by a truck, then smiling with satisfaction as you cancel costly upcoming appointments with the vet and delete dogfood from the shopping list.

Reaction Score
I also agree. Between now and the Final Four (and, realistically, the Final Two, UConn v ND) who lies in this team's path that poses any credible threat? And the Final Four doesn't roll around until when...April?? Barring further unforeseen injury, we fans should be looking at this state of affairs more as an opportunity than a cause for alarm. KML should be fine by then...but what a chance this presents for the few bench players, and Kiah in particular, to emerge in significant ways! I'm hoping that Kiah grows a major-league chip on her shoulder and plays with heretofore uncharacteristic toughness and aggressiveness!

Reaction Score
I also agree. Between now and the Final Four (and, realistically, the Final Two, UConn v ND) who lies in this team's path that poses any credible threat? And the Final Four doesn't roll around until when...April?? Barring further unforeseen injury, we fans should be looking at this state of affairs more as an opportunity than a cause for alarm. KML should be fine by then...but what a chance this presents for the few bench players, and Kiah in particular, to emerge in significant ways! I'm hoping that Kiah grows a major-league chip on her shoulder and plays with heretofore uncharacteristic toughness and aggressiveness!
She may be "fine", but she won't be in very good game shape. Poor kid hasn't had it very easy this year. Wishing her a short stay on the DL and good health forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom