No FG attempt early, harbinger to idiocy | The Boneyard

No FG attempt early, harbinger to idiocy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Why didn't he kick the FG on 4th and 20? Early. We have a great kicker, but this man has to prove a point. I knew after Davis' pass game was over

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
"Idiocy"lmao best adjective for this season

Reaction Score
This was his rationale:

"They had a touchdown," he said. "We've got to score touchdowns. We need touchdowns. We're not going to win. How many touchdowns did we score after that? What, did you want the game to end 7-3? We needed a touchdown. That's the mindset. If we weren't down, we would have kicked the field goal. ... But when the team has a touchdown, right now, in 2016 here, tough sled. Touchdowns are very hard to find."

You also don't suck the air out of your team's balloon by surrendering a solid shot at 3 points when you're still in the game by running a predictable fake FG that you've already run multiple times this year. It's only 2nd qtr. Anything can happen.

Worst game-managing, decision-making coach I've ever seen. Unreal.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Poor Bobby P. Cannot even attempt a FG.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What bothers me most is he appears to be completely clueless as to how bad the defense is. We let everyone slowly March downfield against us, hoping they make enough mistakes to stop themselves and that is supposedly a quality defense.

Reaction Score
Also mind boggling is that in game 11 he thinks that having a different team sprint on to the field on fourth down and run a quick play is going to fool anyone. I think we're about 1-for-15 in that department

Reaction Score
That's a highly delusional statement he made about that play call.

This guy needs to be relieved of his job for his own good. He's going to put himself into a padded room.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Yep. Nobody recognizes the new QB behind center and trips right formation.

Reaction Score

But when the team has a touchdown, right now, in 2016 here, tough sled. Touchdowns are very hard to find."

Yep, ever since about 7 p.m on Sept. 10, TDs have indeed been hard to find.

Reaction Score
everything is mind boggling, 4 and 18 with a team who has no offense and u think u'll get 20 yards? For a team who cant score TDs wouldnt just putting points on the board be at least a good sign?

Reaction Score
At this point, I wouldn't put it past him - to be doing this intentionally. He's unhinged.

That's a very alarming statement he made about that play call. His situational awareness in his job responsibilities is very, very suspect.

He's either being completely honest, believes what he's saying and doing is right, and is so far out of touch with reality and so poorly skilled and talented at the job he's supposed to do that it's shocking, or:

he's fully aware of what he's doing and saying is completely insane and is doing it on purpose to agitate his employers.

Pick your poison.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Takes me back to the insanity clause. Wish we could invoke it. He is certifiably nuts.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
He says he knows what the problem is on offense and he's going to fix it? Yeah right, the problem is on both sides of the ball. Is he going to fire everyone? Himself included? Oh and DW is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom