No ESPN3 for First Night this year | The Boneyard

No ESPN3 for First Night this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was curious about it, and I called the Athletic Communications office at UConn, and they said it doesn't appear that UConn's First Night will be available on ESPN3 this year.

Could change, but it's likely the only way to see it is if you go in person. Sorry @OkaForPrez.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Was curious about it, and I called the Athletic Communications office at UConn, and they said it doesn't appear that UConn's First Night will be available on ESPN3 this year.

Could change, but it's likely the only way to see it is if you go in person. Sorry @OkaForPrez.
Periscope?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Well my Friday night is officially ruined. Thanks a lot ESPN3!

FYI I noticed a thread on the woman's board about ESPN3 not carrying SNY games this year.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't this be streamed on UConnhuskies.com live? I noticed yesterday there was no way to watch Bob Diaco's press conference on the website either. What's the point of having Huskyvision or a video department if you can't film stuff like this?

Reaction Score

Stupid question with an obvious answer: So that also means it won't appear on the UCHG site, right?

Reaction Score
Isn't there a live ESPNU show with live look-ins?
Looks like ESPN is doing their Midnight Madness coverage for October 23:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...e-plays-for-midnightmadness-special-on-espnu/

ESPNU will celebrate the start of the 2015-16 college basketball season with a one-hour special that utilizes social media and web-based videos to provide a sampling of college basketball’s annual preseason parties from campuses around the nation. Debuting Friday, October 23, at 9 p.m., #MidnightMadness’ best moments will be showcased with an emphasis on videos that have generated chatter on the internet and others that were submitted for consideration by teams and fans.

Voting – including dunks, plays, championship commemorations, and celebrity appearances — will take place over the coming weeks through @ESPNCBB. Teams and fans can nominate moments for consideration by tweeting at @ESPNCBB and tagging it #MidnightMadness.

College basketball analysts Jay Bilas and Seth Greenberg will be in studio throughout#MidnightMadness, which will also delve into the major storylines heading into the season and touch on the various conference media days which take place throughout October. Matt Schickwill host.

Reaction Score
Also, from that link above, looks like ESPN3 will be streaming two midnight madness events tomorrow night: Harvard and Mercer.

Did UConn just opt out of that this year? I'm confused.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Makes sense, this is what happens when you have a game mixed with guys and girls.

Ain't nobody got time for dat;)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Makes sense, this is what happens when you have a game mixed with guys and girls.

Those goshdarn Lady Huskies...maybe if we shut their program down then the men would finally get the attention they deserved on the national stage, right Sammy? :confused:

(if any WBB poster is lurking and has heart palpitations while reading this, I'm 100% sarcastic)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

After this season when dual championship number 3 occurs you can bet they will be there next year for the coed scrimmage and there will be more than one university contemplating coed scrimmages thinking maybe there is a method to the madness that translates in march madness.

This stinks for those of us too far away to be there. Hopefully Vance announces for UConn to offset this development. And hopefully UConn wins in hockey Friday and football Saturday.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
This stinks for those of us too far away to be there. Hopefully Vance announces for UConn to offset this development. And hopefully UConn wins in hockey Friday and football Saturday.
Yes, I will trade not being able to see First Night for a V.J. commitment and wins for hockey and football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Perhaps, or perhaps broadcasting the same schools March Madness for what a fourth year in a row was a little lazy even for our friends in Bristol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom