No ESPN channels on YouTubeTV | The Boneyard

No ESPN channels on YouTubeTV

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
FYI. YouTube unable to reach a deal with Disney so no ESPN, SEC, ACC, etc.

If you subscribe to YouTubeTV you should have received an email overnight with explanation of price reduction and credit.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Thanks UConnCat. I just read my email from YT and was gonna post but found yours. Ugh! And all recordings you made on any of Disney's channels are also removed from your YT TV account. Was gonna watch the GA vs. NCS replay but it's gone :(

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Seems strange that Disney couldn't reach an agreement with Google seeing that Hulu Live TV's biggest competition is YTTV.
However it appears that many techie talking heads don't think that the situation is going to last very long.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
For those of you, like me, that do not want to miss the Louisville game tomorrow on ESPN, here's a good article on your options if your current service is YTTV:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
FuboTV’a base plan gives you either the ACC Network or the SEC Network depending on where you live. Have to pay more for both.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For those interested in using the Hulu free trial to watch the game…

A463B333-EC36-4DFC-BFA6-95F49457A36D.jpeg

CF38AC21-5025-43FD-B536-AE6608E10FC3.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seems strange that Disney couldn't reach an agreement with Google seeing that Hulu Live TV's biggest competition is YTTV.
Huh? Disney owns Hulu. What's so strange with Disney playing hardball? That's what they do.

Reaction Score
This year really stinks for UCONN Women's basketball fans. I signed up for Youtube TV to get both SNY and ESPN. Now I have to pay around $50 just for SNY. If I want regular ESPN, I have to upgrade my Hulu or get cable. When is UCONN's contract up with SNY? They are the biggest catalyst for not watching games.

I've had Hulu Live before, I didn't care for it. I signed up for the Disney, Hulu, ESPN + bundle package. 99% of the games on ESPN + are crap. ESPN, SNY really have me over a barrel. I love the UCONN Women's Team so much. I feel like this stress is going to kill me. I've already died once, 6 years ago, when I suffered a massive heart attack and went quintuple bypass surgery.

I'm ready to give up the thing I love the most, due to the frustration of not being able to watch all the games. Any who. Just wanted to vent. Happy Holidays everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful new year. :)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
What a mess! Ten years from now, people will be talking about a new system where you can get all the channels at a lower price.

The new system will be called CABLE!

CL82

Reaction Score
Huh? Disney owns Hulu. What's so strange with Disney playing hardball? That's what they do.
For what it’s worth, I’m pretty sure Hulu live is going to increase its price and include Disney+ on there

CL82

Reaction Score
What a mess! Ten years from now, people will be talking about a new system where you can get all the channels at a lower price.

The new system will be called CABLE!
And news content will be delivered directly to your home on a biodegradable medium that doesn’t require electricity.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic. I forgot the emoji :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm pissed as well. I wanted to watch sports over the holidays! Disney is getting on my last nerve trying to bully YouTube TV. They know they have the upper hand. It's just going to end up as us subscribers paying more and more for content due to Disney owning the market. They have too big of a Monopoly on the entertainment industry.

Reaction Score
So the game today is not on YTTV. Wonderful. Will it show up as a replay on ESPN3, does anybody know?

Will YTTV "credentials" continue to work today for logging on to ESPN directly or will they (maybe already have) shut that down?

I hate pirating streams, but do these people understand they are driving us to it?

Reaction Score
So the game today is not on YTTV. Wonderful. Will it show up as a replay on ESPN3, does anybody know?

Will YTTV "credentials" continue to work today for logging on to ESPN directly or will they (maybe already have) shut that down?

I hate pirating streams, but do these people understand they are driving us to it?
No ESPN content will be available to YTTV subscribers until a deal is hashed out between Disney and YTTV. I already tried connecting though ESPN.com and got a message from Disney that sent me to some BS website basically telling me to change to Hulu or FuboTV.

Reaction Score
I have been trying to get Hulu, which I don't like much either. Much of the system isn't working, won't activate and the wait times are ridiculous for help. Any info from people here is always helpful.

Reaction Score
I signed up for the free trial of Hulu TV. Expires 12/27. Which stinks because my Aggies bowl game is the 31st. Not sure what I’m going to do about that. I don’t want to ditch YouTube tv because they just got the Hallmark channels which my wife loves, but she loves UConn too! Not sure what to do right now.

Reaction Score
I dropped YTTV last year after they dropped NESN and NESN+ and a couple of others I watched.

FUBOtv has been the answer for me. I pay a bit extra for some sports channels, but I'm covered for the season. I recommend it.

Reaction Score
I believe the Louisville game will be live on ESPN3 in Spanish. ESPN3 should be available for most internet customers through their ISP whether they subscribe to any TV channels or not.

Reaction Score
Yes, watched the game on YouTube tv. Once deal was reached it was back almost immediately.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes, watched the game on YouTube tv. Once deal was reached it was back almost immediately.
Apparently the fear of massive defections by UConn fans pushed the parties together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom