no defense no winning | The Boneyard

no defense no winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good defense in basketball creates runouts. We get none because our d isn't happening

Reaction Score
Every game we get the announcers telling us Brimah and Facey were soccer players. I dream of the day when we can have a big man who was a basketball player. You know one that can rebound?

Reaction Score
Smu talking lots of smack. Look forward to seeing you in Hartford. Larry Brown is awful.

Reaction Score
Every game we get the announcers telling us Brimah and Facey were soccer players. I dream of the day when we can have a big man who was a basketball player. You know one that can rebound?

lubin has the body but i guess not the skill

Reaction Score
I don't think you need to be a basketball guru to figure out that it is our horrendous offense that is the main problem here.

We don't have a second ball handler, and any time we play a team with multiple, athletic, on-ball defenders, we get exposed. Very simple.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Im sure Lubin is a good dude and he does have hustle but he would be competing for minutes at a CCSU type program
Lubin isn't the problem

Reaction Score
It doesn't get stupider.

D is NOT the problem.

Well, not the biggest problem, but they made SMU's offense look pretty good tonight. Not sure whose idea that "press" was, but the only effect it seemed to have was creating a ton of easy opportunities for SMU. It seemed like they were scrambling with their rotations on basically every possession. The interior defense was, predictably, an abomination.

But I agree, generally, they're not going to beat anybody decent with 1.5 playmakers on the court.

Reaction Score
Isn't the problem talent in general? We have guys like Brimah and Hamilton who can play but who else is good enough to build with?

Reaction Score
Isn't the problem talent in general? We have guys like Brimah and Hamilton who can play but who else is good enough to build with?

It's Boat, Hamilton, Brimah and the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Two players that are seen as 3 point shooters have no ability to shoot free throws so is it any wonder that they aren't reliable from 3? The back up point is zero threat from outside. Ollie has his work cut out for him.

Reaction Score
Our offense can't produce a ton of points for a number of reasons mostly due to skills and experience. We can stop the uncontested basket. Too many shots happened last night where there wasn't a blue uniform to be found. So if you can't score and we can't you better defend.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't worry. There are enough problems to go around. Offense & defense sucked. So did our special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom