No Danger In Expecting Big Things From UConn Safety (Des on Obi) | The Boneyard

No Danger In Expecting Big Things From UConn Safety (Des on Obi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This makes me happy and sad at the same time. At risk of being controversial, I really do think that Pasqualoni brought in some very nice talent. That's a big part of the reason why I'm so optimistic for this year. I believe we have the talent, and I finally believe that we have people in place that can COACH the talent! Plus, having Balis on board and understanding the level of "ridiculous" that our strength-fitness training had reached prior to his arrival has really been an eye opener. Big things on the horizon, fellas. Very big things...

Reaction Score
P did recruit decently. Jhavon Williams and Obi, both played very well as freshmen. He got Mariner. The young wrs. Campenni and others. The game had just passed him by as a head coach. The signs were there right from the first game against Vandy. Sadly, what I thought were aberrations, became common place. I continued to believe until the Temple game his second year, when I knew It just was never going to happen for him here because he was attached at the hip with Deleone.

There is energy again in the program. Just need to see results now.

Reaction Score
ND has some very nice safety play in their NC game 12-0 regular season year. Obi doing better than that would be quite something.

Reaction Score
I agree that P's recruiting was solid, plus they seem to be a good group of kids based on Diaco's comments. There has been very little attrition for a regime change and Diaco does not suffer fools, which also speaks well of Diaco, Edsall probably would have cleaned house just to throw his weight around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
P brought in decent players and did absolutley nothing to make them better than they were as high schoolers. Enough about that though.

Lately we've been hearing great things about the backfield and secondary. We know have talent at receiver. If we can hold our own in the trenches this team can be special. I think the hunger is there to surprise people.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I thought Stevenson showed something when he was in there as well. I think the secondary will be OK and the D line looks big enough My question is can they execute the new scheme, or any scheme, and will the LB's be able to make tackles. Both were shaky last season.

Reaction Score
Give Coach P credit. He could recruit but he just made bad hiring decisions. If P hired a really good OC, he would still be at UCONN. He got us 3 decent qbs. When is the last time Edsall got us good QBs? His loyalty to his buddy Deleone brought him down. It is hard to blame the man. What is more important loyalty to your friend or winning ball games? As a fan the answer is easy but if it was my close friend, I don't know. Hopefully Diaco can recruit and coach.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Give Coach P credit. He could recruit but he just made bad hiring decisions. If P hired a really good OC, he would still be at UCONN. He got us 3 decent qbs. When is the last time Edsall got us good QBs? His loyalty to his buddy Deleone brought him down. It is hard to blame the man. What is more important loyalty to your friend or winning ball games? As a fan the answer is easy but if it was my close friend, I don't know. Hopefully Diaco can recruit and coach.
Honestly I can't give P or GDL much credit. I liked most of the coaching hires he made outside of himself and GDL. I liked the recruits he brought in... but the whole was definitely less than the sum of the parts. It's clear that there was a reason PP never sniffed a college gig once he left Syracuse until that moron Hathaway called him.

Reaction Score

I'll give him credit for screwing the school out of millions of dollars.

You want to compare him to Edsall based on the QB posititon? When was the last time Edsall went 2+ years at UConn without winning consecutive games? When was the last time he lost to an FCS school? When was the last time he lost to Buffalo? He beat Buffalo in their super bowl, an hour from their campus, with a QB who couldn't throw the ball against a defense that knew we were going to run the ball 9 out of 10 plays.

Edsall coached UConn to a win over an SEC team in a bowl game, coached UConn to a BCS bowl. Pasqualoni coached UConn into purgatory. If you don't value your own well being, your own reputation, and your own job over your friend's then you're pathetic. Loyalty isn't more important than results. He owed the school, who was paying him millions of dollars, to do what was best for the program, NOT what was best for GDL. Loyalty? Please. I'd fire my mother if she was the difference between 13-20 and a bowl game.

How the hell are people still PGDL apologists?!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
NO

Edsall could RECRUIT and COACH - look at the amount of players he sent to NFL and his record.
Time will tell on PP's recruits - but it will be hard to tell if they were good recruits or got coached up by HCBD and staff...

Reaction Score

Any praise of PGDL should result in a warning followed by a lifetime ban. No person other than Jeff Hathaway damaged UConn more.

There are other places on the internet to discuss UConn.

Reaction Score

So, what's the weather like out there in Chicago?

Reaction Score
We need to put the past 3 years in the rearview mirror and move forward. Nothing any of us says or does will change one thing about our recent past.

I recommend that the next poster who speaks of the prior regime be given a one-day suspension from the BY.

#HuskyUp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek