No crystal today argh | The Boneyard

No crystal today argh

Reaction Score
This certainly isn't a bad move. Cincy is way down this year. It also gives Bent or Coombs an opportunity to do something with the first unit? The first instinct from HCGA will be to play Nurse at the #1 until her legs fall off, but we shall see. Let's get Crystal ready for Louisville.

Reaction Score
Could sorta see it coming. Many of CD's shots were short against SC, as she was missing the lift in her legs. The only cure is rest. I am wondering if plane travel is counterproductive right now as well. This is a good move and now someone else has to step up a bit.

Reaction Score
This certainly isn't a bad move. Cincy is way down this year. It also gives Bent or Coombs an opportunity to do something with the first unit? The first instinct from HCGA will be to play Nurse at the #1 until her legs fall off, but we shall see. Let's get Crystal ready for Louisville.

Ummm....Cincy is actually better this year than in previous years. But yes, it is a good move. She was out there limping during the SC game

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn’t notice any limping, but resting Crystal is a good idea. I always enjoy watching her, so I’ll miss that. My guess is that Z gets the start, but Molly and Mikayla will get more PT than otherwise. I look for Meg to have a good game today.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Would Geno play Meg at the 2 spot instead of starting Z? Meg has been on the floor with Lou (who I assume is the usual #3 spot) in previous games, right? In other words, could the starting 5 be: Kia, Meg, Lou, Gabby and Pheesa. Might be a good time to give Meg some "Starter" pressure...

Reaction Score
Crystal to sit out with shin splints today.
For the many years I have been following UConn, seems like every year that Geno plays a 6 person rotation, we get shin splints, foot stress fractures, etc. With the league we play in, there is significant opportunity to provide rest before issues occur, not after. Normally doesn't matter but wonder if Kia had been 100% last year who would have won NCAA's.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno will need to manage minutes for the walking wounded all the way to the Big Dance. I wouldn’t be surprised if he shuts down Crystal and/or Gabby for a week or so after the Louisville game.

The upside is that it will give the bench significantly more PT to develop and, hopefully the Huskies will be a deeper, healthier team come tournament time.

Reaction Score
Would Geno play Meg at the 2 spot instead of starting Z? Meg has been on the floor with Lou (who I assume is the usual #3 spot) in previous games, right? In other words, could the starting 5 be: Kia, Meg, Lou, Gabby and Pheesa. Might be a good time to give Meg some "Starter" pressure...
Z is starting via Twitter

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
All no surprise to me.

Reaction Score
For the many years I have been following UConn, seems like every year that Geno plays a 6 person rotation, we get shin splints, foot stress fractures, etc. With the league we play in, there is significant opportunity to provide rest before issues occur, not after. Normally doesn't matter but wonder if Kia had been 100% last year who would have won NCAA's.
Interesting points! I think we all need to remember the "system" that makes UConn UConn. The relentless day-to-day tempo of everything, the uncompromising work ethic. Much comes from that, such as the togetherness and camaraderie. The way they play with a 30 point lead and the way they run out on the court and the way to hustle over during time outs.
I like to believe that Geno is in constant communication with the training staff and together they formulate plans to best help the team and not jeopardize the long-term health of the individual. This is D1 athletics. As an ex-marathoner- there is a difference between an injury that needs rest and aches and pains which need treatment and get back out there. I trust that the staff knows the difference.

Reaction Score
Interesting points! I think we all need to remember the "system" that makes UConn UConn. The relentless day-to-day tempo of everything, the uncompromising work ethic. Much comes from that, such as the togetherness and camaraderie. The way they play with a 30 point lead and the way they run out on the court and the way to hustle over during time outs.
I like to believe that Geno is in constant communication with the training staff and together they formulate plans to best help the team and not jeopardize the long-term health of the individual. This is D1 athletics. As an ex-marathoner- there is a difference between an injury that needs rest and aches and pains which need treatment and get back out there. I trust that the staff knows the difference.
Great post and points!
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom