No Buzzer-Beater This Time... NY Lib @ CT Sun | The Boneyard

No Buzzer-Beater This Time... NY Lib @ CT Sun

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Sun beat Liberty by 15. Sun need Ws like a SCUBA diver needs air... we're still breathing. The 7 teams competing for the 2nd double bye are separated by just 2 games! The drama is high and the pressure is on. Nobody wants those one-and-done games.

As the intensity rose tonight, things got a bit "technical" with Curt Miller and AT both drawing Ts for plays involving Amanda Zahui B. Thank you to the refs for getting the crowd engaged and loud. :cool:

BTW, Courtney Williams is a joy to watch... she was engaging with the crowd and had that electric energy at times that just makes you go "WOW".

Time to watch PHO vs LV. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Liberty came back from being down a couple of times but could not consistently sustain it offensively. Sun's 4Q strategy = triple team Tina, make someone else score. Liberty could not defeat that strategy. I couldn't watch anymore and switched to CNN.

Kia Nurse somewhere after the tenth game lost her three point stroke. She has been launching bricks pretty much since then. She needs to work on her catch and shoot technique. Even a wide open uncontested three clanked off the rim last night.

I noticed that JJ had a nice game.

psconn

Reaction Score
The Liberty came back from being down a couple of times but could not consistently sustain it offensively. Sun's 4Q strategy = triple team Tina, make someone else score. Liberty could not defeat that strategy. I couldn't watch anymore and switched to CNN.

Kia Nurse somewhere after the tenth game lost her three point stroke. She has been launching bricks pretty much since then. She needs to work on her catch and shoot technique. Even a wide open uncontested three clanked off the rim last night.

I noticed that JJ had a nice game.

Kia's right eye was very swollen right from the beginning. I don't follow the Liberty... perhaps a sty, previous game or practice injury? It had to be restricting her vision at least a little. That said, she's been up and down most of the season... almost like a rookie.

Ian Bethune photo
upload_2018-8-2_12-27-43.png

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
Jas Thomas gets crushed in the rebounding action last night. Text-book loose ball foul on AZB right? Wrong! Unfortunately, just at that moment the refs were checking their phones or maybe were distracted by a butterfly cruising overhead.

This over-the-back NO-CALL ignited the faithful (and Coach Miller) at the Sun Arena... the guys serving hot dogs on the concourse could have called this one. Shameful.

Ian Bethune photo
upload_2018-8-2_12-15-41.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jas Thomas gets crushed in the rebounding action last night. Text-book loose ball foul on AZB right? Wrong! Unfortunately, just at that moment the refs were checking their phones or maybe were distracted by a butterfly cruising overhead.

This over-the-back NO-CALL ignited the faithful (and Coach Miller) at the Sun Arena... the guys serving hot dogs on the concourse could have called this one. Shameful.

Ian Bethune photo
View attachment 33393

Ogunbowale has this habit when she’s in the paint of backing into post players as they’re jumping for a rebound. They call it something like undercutting. Very dangerous tactic because the player can land on their head if they jump high enough and the guard gets low enough. That’s kinda what this looks like, but would need video instead of a picture to be sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ogunbowale has this habit when she’s in the paint of backing into post players as they’re jumping for a rebound. They call it something like undercutting. Very dangerous tactic because the player can land on their head if they jump high enough and the guard gets low enough. That’s kinda what this looks like, but would need video instead of a picture to be sure.
Ogunbowale or Ogwumike?

Reaction Score
Ogunbowale or Ogwumike?

I used Ogunbowale because I remember her clearly doing this more than once last season, and maybe others here remember it too. I know she’s not a WNBA player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom