No Breanna Today! | The Boneyard

No Breanna Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Bob Joyce@bobjoyce275m
Per Geno's pregame interview, no Breanna Stewart today..lower leg issue..precautionary.
Retweeted by UConn Women's Hoops

It shouldn't matter today, but I hope she is ok for Monday.

Reaction Score
My source tells me it is an achilles issue and a MRI showed up negative.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Potentially big loss if she is unable to play in the tournament. Shouldn't matter in the 1st & 2nd rounds unless team gets into significant foul trouble. Presuming team beats Idaho, St Joes & Vandy don't play the type of game that should get this UConn team into foul trouble.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Ugh !!!!! No big deal for today, but if it keeps acting up that's going to be a problem :-O

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Team just can't seem to catch a break. between all the injuries this year, the flu bug that went thru the team earlier and recently reared its ugly head (Heather apparently passed it on to Kelly), and now Stewart, it just seems like more than their fair share of bad luck.

Hope it's nothing serious and she feels better soon! great chance for Kiah to play a lot the next few days.

Reaction Score
This just gives other players more minutes in a less stressful environment against a team we should roll. When Breanna comes back then the players who got her minutes will have more confidence as well so this works out fine given the opponent.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This just gives other players more minutes in a less stressful environment against a team we should roll. When Breanna comes back then the players who got her minutes will have more confidence as well so this works out fine given the opponent.

I'd like to see Kiah get more minutes at the 4 today, in Bre's stead. Not that things always go smoothly when Stef and Kiah are together, but that's the point - more minutes to iron things out and get a better comfort level with where she needs to be on the floor. Kiah will definitely get more minutes as a sub for Stef at the 5 as well, but that's a more comfortable role for her already.

Reaction Score
espn said not having her is no big deal she is not one of our “main players”. ESPN knows nothing about most sports teems and apparently we are one of them

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Uconn won't need her for a while, but the kid who showed up against Notre Dame in the BET finals will be sorely needed if we don't want to watch that the pedestrian and utterly beatable team from South Bend play in the finals...where they would be summarily humiliated yet again.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Kiah get more minutes at the 4 today, in Bre's stead. Not that things always go smoothly when Stef and Kiah are together, but that's the point - more minutes to iron things out and get a better comfort level with where she needs to be on the floor. Kiah will definitely get more minutes as a sub for Stef at the 5 as well, but that's a more comfortable role for her already.
She got a lot of minutes, maybe not at the 4 with Stef, but she played really well.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
espn said not having her is no big deal she is not one of our “main players”. ESPN knows nothing about most sports teems and apparently we are one of them

Assuming you're talking about the opening talking heads segment I must have understood it differently. Peck said (probably the only time I've agreed with her in my life) that UConn didn't need her. She said UConn relies on Dolson, Mosqueda-Lewis and Hartley. She went on to say something like they need Hartley to play well.

I didn't hear "main players" so maybe we're talking about different commentators.

Reaction Score
Assuming you're talking about the opening talking heads segment I must have understood it differently. Peck said (probably the only time I've agreed with her in my life) that UConn didn't need her. She said UConn relies on Dolson, Mosqueda-Lewis and Hartley. She went on to say something like they need Hartley to play well.

I didn't hear "main players" so maybe we're talking about different commentators.

we may be. I was talking about the talking head section but I think it was a bit earlier on, I agreed with her on that point about Hartley being key. I rewound it to hear again because I couldn’t believe that they would say Stewart was “not a key player.” But yes that is what was said. I quoted directly from the feed.

Not surprised though I am a big Hockey fan and ESPN knows even less about that. They seem to latch on to big time players (in any sport) and ignore the other players, teams and sport as a whole. In this case they know Britney Griner and that is it.

Reaction Score
we may be. I was talking about the talking head section but I think it was a bit earlier on, I agreed with her on that point about Hartley being key. I rewound it to hear again because I couldn’t believe that they would say Stewart was “not a key player.” But yes that is what was said. I quoted directly from the feed.

Not surprised though I am a big Hockey fan and ESPN knows even less about that. They seem to latch on to big time players (in any sport) and ignore the other players, teams and sport as a whole. In this case they know Britney Griner and that is it.

I totally agree Barry Melrose is the only one who has a clue about hockey at ESPN. I am a Bruins fan and I shudder when they are on ESPN because going from the NESN announcers to the bums at ESPN is like night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom