No bowl game? | The Boneyard

No bowl game?

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
With no bowl tie in, can Uconn be shut out of bowl game even with 6 wins or more?

Reaction Score
Yes technically, but more often than not it becomes a non issue with more bowl games than eligible participants. If they got a bowl game in 2021 at 6-6, they likely should not have a problem getting one with the same (or likely/hopefully better) record.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Don’t forget bowls can now take 5 win teams, so always keep in mind the basic rule - if we can get screwed, we will
I could be wrong, but isn't the rule that bowls can take 5 win teams only if there are not enough 6 win bowl teams eligible? I am pretty sure they cannot take a 5 win team instead of a 6 win team. But maybe I am wrong and the rules have changed.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but isn't the rule that bowls can take 5 win teams only if there are not enough 6 win bowl teams eligible? I am pretty sure they cannot take a 5 win team instead of a 6 win team. But maybe I am wrong and the rules have changed.
Correct. With the amount of bowls now its very unlikely there would be enough 6 win teams for UConn to be left out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Asking the bowl gurus: Any chance for the Bronx or Fenway?

Reaction Score
Not a guru, but.............

Pinstripe is ACC vs. Big Ten. I'd consider that a no chance.
Fenway is ACC vs. AAC. Better chance there if no AAC teams are eligible.
Was typing up this response line for line, even with the same disclaimer of not being a guru. I think if UConn can get to 9-3 or 10-2 the bowl hosts would look to make a swap for UConn to play there. I agree Fenway is the much better chance, but Pinstripe has some interesting possibilities as well if you could get a Rutgers match up or on the ACC side getting a Pitt or BC would be great as well for either bowl game

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not a guru, but.............

Pinstripe is ACC vs. Big Ten. I'd consider that a no chance.
Fenway is ACC vs. AAC. Better chance there if no AAC teams are eligible.
I don't believe the Pinstripe is very high on the list of B1G bowl tie-ins. If the B1G ends up with multiple playoff teams, that bowl may open up.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I sure hope not. Football in baseball stadiums is the pits.
There's a charm involved. No, it's not perfect ergonomically. I'm not going to the Fenway Bowl to see UConn play in a perfect ergonomic environment, that's what the Rent is for

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Watching UConn-Army at Yankee Stadium is one of my all-time worst football experiences.
I had vowed to never go back to Yankee Stadium since the last time I was there, the 4th of July in 1983. I rationalized that it wasn't the same building. Then I had to sit through that turd. Good tailgate though.

Reaction Score
I have a good feeling that UConn will be bowl-eligible this year but for them to be invited to meaningful bowls in the future as an independent they have to represent well in the seats. It isn't just buying up the seats it's filling the stadium that will make the Huskies attractive in the future. Winning will hopefully take care of that.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just curious - what's the avg attendance for a bowl game (other than the big two or three)?

Reaction Score
Just curious - what's the avg attendance for a bowl game (other than the big two or three)?
Don't know but our last bowl game in South Carolina was a little over 12,000.

Reaction Score
If they keep winning by 40 and can be competitive with Wake And Syracuse they will get a bowl game. They are getting better. Remains to be seen how they fairness time they play a power conference team but Wake actually looks pretty bad so UCONN has a chance if they play well. That would be huge. Need to take the games 1 at a time.

Reaction Score
Was that Dave Regetti no-hit game?
I too was at Dave Righetti's no hitter July 4th, 1983. And @Waquoit, if you remember it was Yankee Cap Day as well on a very hot afternoon game.. Rough for a Red Sox fan like myself and 2 buddies. The other two with us were Yankee fans. But after the pain wore off, I realized how fortunate I was to witness a no-hitter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom