No Boatright Tonight | The Boneyard

No Boatright Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's hope it's just something small and easy to figure out. It's frustrating to hear such positive reviews and then not be able to see him tonight!

Reaction Score
Remember Dyson and Beverly were held out two years ago due to not filling out forms in time. I think it happened to Chuck three years ago as well.

Reaction Score
I'm sure it probably is something minor such as paperwork but weren't there mentions of eligibility concerns for him last year? or am I just not remembering correctly

Reaction Score
"Not related to academics"

Not sure what that means, but, without knowing specifics, it's not something you want to hear.

If the Drummond "shoe commercial" story came out today, he would have been held out too. It could just as easily be something minor.

Reaction Score
T
what does that tell us? that he was suspended in high school? I don't see a connection, help me out.
I'm more concerned that he continues to work hard on his grades. He's been admitted, but he has to [qualify] when it's all said and done."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
what does that tell us? that he was suspended in high school? I don't see a connection, help me out.

"He's a really talkative, out-going kid -- smile, personality, all that," Calhoun said. "But sometimes with that, maybe the Coach sometimes doesn't want to hear your answer. Maybe he wants to hear nothing. I don't know all the circumstances. I've talked to the coach. I really like Ryan. I'm more concerned that he continues to work hard on his grades. He's been admitted, but he has to qualify when it's all said and done."

the staff has known the issue for a while i take it.

Reaction Score
thanks. God I hate the NCAA... really wish something like this could have been handled months ago and not be a distraction leading into the season.

Reaction Score
"He's a really talkative, out-going kid -- smile, personality, all that," Calhoun said. "But sometimes with that, maybe the Coach sometimes doesn't want to hear your answer. Maybe he wants to hear nothing. I don't know all the circumstances. I've talked to the coach. I really like Ryan. I'm more concerned that he continues to work hard on his grades. He's been admitted, but he has to qualify when it's all said and done."

the staff has known the issue for a while i take it.
"University of Connecticut men’s basketball freshman Ryan Boatright will be held out of intercollegiate competition while the school works cooperatively with the NCAA in a review of his eligibility, a review that is not related to academics."

What part of that didn't you understand?

Reaction Score
The NCAA really needs to **** off.

When you've already cleared a player, but then decide to review his eligibility the day of the team's first exhibition game, you really are an incompetent organization that needs to be done away with. This isn't as bad as that story about the Providence kid (at least no yet), but it's ridiculous nonetheless.

Reaction Score
The NCAA really needs to **** off.

When you've already cleared a player, but then decide to review his eligibility the day of the team's first exhibition game, you really are an incompetent organization that needs to be done away with. This isn't as bad as that story about the Providence kid (at least no yet), but it's ridiculous nonetheless.

And this is why when the Superconferences break apart from the NCAA no one will care. So ridiculous.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
"University of Connecticut men’s basketball freshman Ryan Boatright will be held out of intercollegiate competition while the school works cooperatively with the NCAA in a review of his eligibility, a review that is not related to academics."

What part of that didn't you understand?

i understand that, i'm not stupid. but think about it. the staff a while back knew there was a issue, so now there a whole different issue all of a suden? prov got the answers on there players weeks ago, smae with sju and other schools. all of a suden we can't get a answer but everyone else does? if you followed his recruitment at all you know that we are his 3rd school and out of nowhere wvu decided to add a 2nd pg(hinds saga) forcing him out the door. if you did searches at the time at all, many fan boards were buzzing about him and some baggage he brought with him. maybe the best was the Illinois bball boards who knew all about him and why they never sniffed him. enough tho. i like him and can't wait to watch him play in a husky uni.
if your uconn right now, whats the last thing in the whole entire world that you may not want to talk about if a player has issues with the ncaa? i'll take a guess at it. I bet he has some classes that don't add up from hs to a ged or something like that. not that he has bad grades, but he has requirment issues still after summer school. just a guess from me. whats yours instead of just being mad about the situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom