No BE Commit from UConn | The Boneyard

No BE Commit from UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Katz on ESPN UConn did not commit to staying in BE. Stay tuned.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bueatiful, we have options, that would be the only way we don't go there and be nicey nice.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This feels like ESPN driving a story that isn't, just like they tried to make a story out of no UConn rep at the meeting. The tone out of the meeting would be very different if UConn was implying it was bailing out.

The ACC bid is not coming, because like the Pac 12, Swofford does not have the votes.

Reaction Score
This feels like ESPN driving a story that isn't, just like they tried to make a story out of no UConn rep at the meeting. The tone out of the meeting would be very different if UConn was implying it was bailing out.

The ACC bid is not coming, because like the Pac 12, Swofford does not have the votes.

how do you know?

Reaction Score
I believe more that Swofford doesn't feel the need to expand more than that he doesn't need the votes.

Reaction Score
For the love of God, Suzie....

images

SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The impression left by these reports is that UConn was the only Big East football school (allegedly it was only the football schools there) that did not commit to the conference.

The real question is was Notre Dame there? The only way the ACC is going to 16 right now, without the other leagues committing to at least 14 (let alone 16), is if Notre Dame is 15 (then UConn would be 16).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ESPN reported that UConn was possibly not attending. That turned out to be completely false. Now UConn didn't commit to the league? ESPN is pushing a story. I am ignoring it.

Reaction Score
ESPN reported that UConn was possibly not attending. That turned out to be completely false. Now UConn didn't commit to the league? ESPN is pushing a story. I am ignoring it.
ESPN never reported that we were possibly not attending. They reported that it was unclear if Herbst was attending.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Swofford is waiting for bigger fish (ND/TX). That simple.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm ignoring the story because a) ESPN is guessing at it and b) they are just trying to get a headline.

I do however happen to believe that regardless of what was said or how ESPN arrived at their conclusion, they are correct here (basically a blind squirrel however). I personally believe that if conversations began this minute on an offer from the ACC we would not hesitate. That in itself is the definition of not being committed to the BE.

Reaction Score
Herbst knew that sending an underling released UConn from committing to the BE.

Something is going on here or else Herbst would have put out a statement.

More to be revealed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ESPN never reported that we were possibly not attending. They reported that it was unclear if Herbst was attending.

That is like saying "it is unclear if brasssbonanzaa is performing human sacrifice right now". Why say it unless the writer is implying something? We certainly spent a lot of time discussing it.

Reaction Score
No, their report is correct, it was unclear if herbst was attending - she did not. I'm fairly certain they did not say it's unclear if UConn is attending.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Is it possible that Herbst ISN'T an incompetent human being and actually knows what she is doing here? There must be a good reason why we are not committing to the Big East at this point.

I also see no reason why ESPN would lie about our lack of commitment.

Maybe I should be jaded, but I'm not. If we are not committed to the Big East, something must be on the table. The Big 10 has been very quiet...

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does it not really matter if we "commit"?

They aren't kicking us out.

Reaction Score
Heavens. It was reported correctly that Herbst wasn't going to attend; instead she sent an underling.

She isn't stupid. She isn't going to pull a BC. I also am of the opinion that she has been told that when it all plays out UConn getd the go-ahead.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is it just me or does it not really matter if we "commit"?

They aren't kicking us out.

No one is sending applications to the Big 12 right now either. That could change if the western schools stop trusting UConn.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wonder if the this Pac 12 non-expansion decision is a wrench in Herbst's plan? It will be interesting to see if the tone in her next statement changes at all. I think this PAC 12 decision has taken everyone by surprise...so prior commitments and scenarios that were on the table may have just changed.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I wonder if the this Pac 12 non-expansion decision is a wrench in Herbst's plan? It will be interesting to see if the tone in her next statement changes at all. I think this PAC 12 decision has taken everyone by surprise...so prior commitments and scenarios that were on the table may have just changed.
Hell, the ACC may have been waiting to see if Texas was still a possibility, not ND.

Reaction Score
That's my fear. The flip side of it is, there is a Twitter report from a Texas reporter that UT and OU will meet to hash out a deal to keep them in the Big 12 for five years. This would mean they're not an option for the ACC, opening the door for us. Thing is, the ACC now has no reason to expand to 16 unless it really wants to. What we do know is the ACC doesn't leak anything, that's become very apparent in both raids. They work under the cover of darkness and nothing is reported until it happens. So silence on that front could go either way.

Reaction Score
The ACC isn't moving on UConn/Rutgers right now for the same reason the Big East didn't move on UCF/ECU for the past few years.

We're here and ready whenever they say yes.

Hopefully the B1G will force their hand.

Reaction Score
The ACC isn't moving on UConn/Rutgers right now for the same reason the Big East didn't move on UCF/ECU for the past few years.

Not sure that's a totally correct comparison. UCF and ECU didn't bring any immediate value to the league. UConn obviously brings a basketball powerhouse to make the ACC undoubtedly the best basketball conference in the nation. RU (supposedly) brings NYC, which we also do too to an extent. It is a correct comparison in that if either are extended invites, they'll go immediately.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Not so fast. While the PAC 12 news is not good news...the SEC is proably not done at 14. They are about to add 2 SEC West teams (aTM and Mizzou), so it is only natural for them to add 2 SEC East teams (FSU and Clemson/VT). I have a feeling that the ACC has UConn lined up for when they lose a team or two to the SEC. FSU cannot be happy with the additions of Syracuse and Pitt...the ACC is back to a basketball league and the 'Noles cannot be happy! It think that is whay the ACC is almost sure on UConn (FSU replacement) and is half-way in on Rutgers (in case they lose a 2nd team).

The danger is if the ACC loses 2 teams and decides to stay at 12, or if Oklahoma and Oklahoma St decide to take the SEC's last two spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom