NMSU found a home and no thread? | The Boneyard

NMSU found a home and no thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Saw they were headed to CUSA. Even New Mexico State manages to find a relatively soft landing. Must be their huge market.

Reaction Score
Did not know they took in NMSU. Now the Big East definitely cannot be compared to C-USA. C-USA sunk to WAC/Sun Belt level.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
What about Idaho? Doesn't anyone care about the Vandals?

Reaction Score
What about Idaho? Doesn't anyone care about the Vandals?
Looks like they are going to the Big Sky. :eek: Seems they will be independent in football.

Reaction Score
Boston Mckinley has denied any contact with Conference USA. I have a hard time believing UTEP would agree to having them in the conference unless they plan on jumping to the MWC in the near future. I hope NMSU gets into a conference, I loved my time attending the school. Campus and weather are out of this world.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love watching Vandal and NMSU Aggie games on ESPN Gameplan. Idaho plays in a fieldhouse, and NMSU basically plays on sand. Either that, or something is wrong with the cameras of the crews broadcasting the game. Many a person has tried to rescue a bad Saturday with the late games in Las Cruces or Moscow. Not speaking from experience, of course.

What happened to NMSU and Idaho was really unfortunate. These are schools willing to pay for the 85 scholarships, and no conference would even let them jump on the schedule. Cutting them out doesn't help college athletics, and certainly doesn't help the student athletes.

Reaction Score
With FAU & MTSU off to C-USA, Sun Belt is down to 8 FB schools.
NMSU & Idaho were SB members in the early 00s; could see them being added as FB only again.

Reaction Score
Boston Mckinley has denied any contact with Conference USA. I have a hard time believing UTEP would agree to having them in the conference unless they plan on jumping to the MWC in the near future. I hope NMSU gets into a conference, I loved my time attending the school. Campus and weather are out of this world.
It's unfortunate that UTEP would have any animosity toward NMSU. The schools are @ a half-hour from each other. It's a natural fit. Loved the area when I went out there for a friend's wedding 4 years ago. You'd think that those 2 schools would make for a fantastic conference rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom