NMSU 65 USF 45 | The Boneyard

NMSU 65 USF 45

Reaction Score
Just watched my depleted alma mater take USF behind the woodshed. Aggies without two starters completely dominated USF in the Cayman Islands. It’s going to be a very long year for that program.

Reaction Score
Yetna is important. David Collins and Rideau were overrated on offense. 3rd team pre-season for Collins was so dumb.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The AAC has absolutely shat the bed thus far this season. The overrall record isn’t terrible but not many quality wins and a bunch of bad losses.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to that rematch between UTEP/NMSU coming up if NMSU survives this tourney. AJ Harris was a huge loss. When is he returning? How long is Clayton Henry out?

So many others are banged up but playing including T. Brown & Aurrecoechea.

Basically you need to get healthy and hope the experience Rice is getting at PG pays dividends in March. A healthy NMSU team as a #12 seed this year could knock off a #1 seed in that bracket. All depends on health.

Reaction Score
New Mexico State is a very good team, should win the WAC with relative ease (went 15-1 last year, gave Auburn a scare in round 1 if you recall). Went 12-2 the year before, 11-3 before that, 13-1 before that, -- you get the idea.

With that said, USF looks so lost out there. David Collins is putting up AG shooting %s in their losses (3-10 today, 6-17 vs BC, 1-6 vs IUPUI) so it seems the team goes as he goes. You can't really replace a guy like Yetna who is a double-double every night, but they should do better than score 45 in a game...

Reaction Score
Looking forward to that rematch between UTEP/NMSU coming up if NMSU survives this tourney. AJ Harris was a huge loss. When is he returning? How long is Clayton Henry out?

So many others are banged up but playing including T. Brown & Aurrecoechea.

Basically you need to get healthy and hope the experience Rice is getting at PG pays dividends in March. A healthy NMSU team as a #12 seed this year could knock off a #1 seed in that bracket. All depends on health.
UTEP fan? Jans said Harris and Henry will both be back in January so if we are lucky enough to make it into the tourney we will be a 15th seed. Grand Canyon is getting a couple of solid mid-year players who will be eligible soon so it’ll be tough.

Terrell Brown isn’t healthy at all and it shows with every move he tries to make. Ivan is always banged up but he sucks it up.

Our best player, Trevelin Queen is pretty banged up too but he’s fighting through it. NBA scouts love him.

Reaction Score
New Mexico State is a very good team, should win the WAC with relative ease (went 15-1 last year, gave Auburn a scare in round 1 if you recall). Went 12-2 the year before, 11-3 before that, 13-1 before that, -- you get the idea.

With that said, USF looks so lost out there. David Collins is putting up AG shooting %s in their losses (3-10 today, 6-17 vs BC, 1-6 vs IUPUI) so it seems the team goes as he goes. You can't really replace a guy like Yetna who is a double-double every night, but they should do better than score 45 in a game...

We had Auburn beat...free throws man.

Reaction Score
From last night’s game.

Attachments

• 8336D941-E47C-4B11-895B-B57C7A04839C.png
    8336D941-E47C-4B11-895B-B57C7A04839C.png
    649.8 KB · Views: 93
Reaction Score
UTEP fan? Jans said Harris and Henry will both be back in January so if we are lucky enough to make it into the tourney we will be a 15th seed. Grand Canyon is getting a couple of solid mid-year players who will be eligible soon so it’ll be tough.

Terrell Brown isn’t healthy at all and it shows with every move he tries to make. Ivan is always banged up but he sucks it up.

Our best player, Trevelin Queen is pretty banged up too but he’s fighting through it. NBA scouts love him.
I would sit Brown (until healthy) and give all his minutes to Williams (Former AAC Rookie of the Year). I think #13 is the lowest seed. Last year they ended the season mid 50's KP and are missing 2 key players off that team. Seven seniors. It will be so interesting to see how it plays out for MNSU.

I would like to see UTEP make the tourney and beat out Western Kentucky to get there. UTEP has the potential to be a heartfelt story IF they can sneak in.

I think the addition of 4* Kaden Archie could jump start their offense. He just became eligible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Enjoy Rodney Terry while you have him. He’s been a Godsend for that program after Floyd left the program a mess. I was really impressed by how athletic that UTEP team is. If they continue to play well, no one is going to want to play at The Don.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Aggies have been winning the wac since it got depleted years ago. It's basically them & grand canyon... lol. But Siakam! I like nmsu I guess I'm saying

The WAC used to be awesome. Now they're inviting flipping Tarleton State to join the conference.

The Mountain West basically is the old WAC, and yet somehow it sucks to me now. Probably because I'm old and now everything sucks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom