NJ hoops—Sanogo/Cliff O | The Boneyard

NJ hoops—Sanogo/Cliff O

Reaction Score
Want to start off by acknowledging that I don’t post much so people won’t care about this post and probably dismiss it. But I’m a UConn grad and have been lurking for almost 15 years.

So there was a big NJ HS game today featuring Cliff O and Sanogo. I’ll leave the scouting to other people but I have very, very strong connections to the situation.

We have a 0% at getting Cliff. It’s not happening. Don’t listen to anyone who tells you differently. It’s not happening.

Sanogo—we have a shot but there's another school who’s in front and is a solid leader (not saying which school but I do know which one). We have legit ground to make up but it’s possible. Also—very good chance he reclassifies

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Want to start off by acknowledging that I don’t post much so people won’t care about this post and probably dismiss it. But I’m a UConn grad and have been lurking for almost 15 years.

So there was a big NJ HS game today featuring Cliff O and Sanogo. I’ll leave the scouting to other people but I have very, very strong connections to the situation.

We have a 0% at getting Cliff. It’s not happening. Don’t listen to anyone who tells you differently. It’s not happening.

Sanogo—we have a shot butt there’s another school who’s in front and is a solid leader (not saying which school but I do know which one). We have legit ground to make up but it’s possible.
Someone should probably tell Dan we have no chance. And is Seton Hall the school for Sanogo?

Reaction Score
I don’t know who knows what, but this all sounds legit. We shouldn't give up on Cliff, because you never know, but it doesn’t seem like anybody has had a good feeling about him for a while.

As for Sanogo, he’s been connected to Seton Hall quite a bit. But if next year’s scholarship situation is clearer to the coaching staff, maybe we make a stronger push and make up ground. I want a shooter BADLY, but I’d be thrilled to add Sanogo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know I said I won’t get iinto scouting but I do not believe Cliff will be a player we will forever kick ourselves for not getting, like Precious or Kofi.

Precious and Kofi both seem to be having their best-case scenario freshman years. Seeing their performance and physicality definitely hurts.

pj

Reaction Score
Sanogo would be awesome, great to hear we have a chance. Hope the coaching staff is focused. Thanks @Kemba15.

C

Chief00

Precious and Kofi both seem to be having their best-case scenario freshman years. Seeing their performance and physicality definitely hurts.
That would have been the easy path out of the losing years - now we got to really grind it out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No comment on 0% chance at Cliff?

We are in his top 5, slimmed down from 8. A good chance? Probably not. But zero percent? Mathematically that is unlikely. Recruiting is fluid.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We are in his top 5, slimmed down from 8. A good chance? Probably not. But zero percent? Mathematically that is unlikely. Recruiting is fluid.
I didn't want a real answer, just chief's attempt to spin all his grind nonsense he posts about following Cliff around like chief is recruiting him personally.

Reaction Score
I didn't want a real answer, just chief's attempt to spin all his grind nonsense he posts about following Cliff around like chief is recruiting him personally.
If chief is the lead recruiter on all these big recruits we keep missing out on then everything makes total sense.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. It seems very reliable. We Need to make a major push for Sanogo.

Reaction Score
OK maybe I should have said 1% and not 0%. But you get the point.

Reaction Score

Sanogo—we have a shot but there's another school who’s in front and is a solid leader (not saying which school but I do know which one). We have legit ground to make up but it’s possible. Also—very good chance he reclassifies

Where is the "sad but understand reality" button? :(

Reaction Score
That would have been the easy path out of the losing years - now we got to really grind it out.
Chief that's our identity. We are grinders an experts at the fundamentals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom