NIT??? | The Boneyard

NIT???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Uconn accepts the invite they should go to win. It's more games for the guys coming back to work on what they need to work on basketball wise. Maybe lessen Ryan Boatright role to a degree kinda like what they were when he went to the bench. Play to win in any event!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think it would be a savage move to decline an NIT bid, but i doubt Ollie would do that.

Reaction Score
Players and coaches live to play. There's no declining, but don't be mislead because our team's shortcomings make it unlikely we roll thru the NIT.

Reaction Score
declining would be asinine... it will still serve a definite purpose for everyone despite it being a bit of a let down for Boat. It's funny Boat's four years, as good as they were, will go down as a first round loss, postseason ban, national championship, and nit appearance. he pretty much covered everything.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Uconn accepts the invite they should go to win. It's more games for the guys coming back to work on what they need to work on basketball wise. Maybe lessen Ryan Boatright role to a degree kinda like what they were when he went to the bench. Play to win in any event!
you cant play to win with this UConn team if Boat has a lessened role

Reaction Score
In a way we deserve the NIT. Not dissin the team at all, but just stating the obvious.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I want the following:

1) accept a bid
2) tell Ryan Boatright "thank you for an amazing career, but you're going to play about 10mpg in the NIT."

We need to see what we have for next year. Playing Boat any longer than to spell TSam is not going to help anyone, especially TSam, gain confidence. And TSam is going to have to get back on his game if this team is going to have a reliable PG next year. Don't get me wrong, Jalen Adams is going to be a stud, but I feel more comfortable with an experienced veteran at the point.

Reaction Score
The NIT will be a great building block for this young team. Boat doesn't belong there, but the returning players and the team as a whole will benefit from the experience.

Guys like Purvis, Brimah and Hamilton will continue to develop their identities, and guys like Lubin will be given a few more chances to contribute. I think the NIT will be a really good building block for this young group.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I would be disappointed if Boat doesn't play as many minutes as it takes to win each game.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I want the following:

1) accept a bid
2) tell Ryan Boatright "thank you for an amazing career, but you're going to play about 10mpg in the NIT."

We need to see what we have for next year. Playing Boat any longer than to spell TSam is not going to help anyone, especially TSam, gain confidence. And TSam is going to have to get back on his game if this team is going to have a reliable PG next year. Don't get me wrong, Jalen Adams is going to be a stud, but I feel more comfortable with an experienced veteran at the point.

You are high. That would be spitting in Boats face. You're not serious are you?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
You are high. That would be spitting in Boats face. You're not serious are you?

The team is bigger than one player. He's done his part. He's won a title. He can reduce his minutes in an exhibition tournament.

Reaction Score
I want the following:

1) accept a bid

That's kinda what I said but if need Boatright to win then play him.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
That's kinda what I said but if need Boatright to win then play him.

Sure, fine by me.

I don't get excited by winning the NIT. Sorry everyone who does. I'd rather use the tourney as a way for other to get the extra experience and practice time. Silly concept I know, when being the 69th best team in the country is on the line.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable conversation. You play post season games to win.

That having been said, I'm not surprised if Boat separated his shoulder in the 2d half and can't play.

Reaction Score
I think its up to boatright if he wants to play or not. He has earned it. I agree with the previous post - I think his shoulder injury will keep him out anyway. Plus I would hate for him to suffer another injury in this type of tourney with the draft around the corner

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Boat should be getting the same amount of burn as he did in the regular season, but I want his role on the offense shifted into more of a distributor role. As phenomenal as he has been, the NIT is a tool for building the team for next year. I want to see Purvis get more shots (cue the cries of anguish from the peanut gallery), because he showed today that he will be playing a huge role in the offense next year. I see him and Hamilton as switching off between Option 1 and 1a, but Hamilton already has the confidence.

Also, for the hell of it, a couple of post-up plays run for Lubin would be a ton of fun if nothing else. He has tons of stuff to work on, but in his limited action he may end up being one of my favorite players to watch.

Reaction Score
Sure, fine by me.

I don't get excited by winning the NIT. Sorry everyone who does. I'd rather use the tourney as a way for other to get the extra experience and practice time. Silly concept I know, when being the 69th best team in the country is on the line.

After the first round they're going to need Boat in order to win and keep practicing.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
After the first round they're going to need Boat in order to win and keep practicing.

Then, like I meant when I said "sure, fine by me" in the post you quoted, play him long enough to win that game if it means the rest of them get to keep playing/practicing. Just play Boat enough to win.

I guess I was a little disconnected earlier when I said don't play him much and let the other guys get time. I suppose to get time you have to keep winning. It kinda goes hand in hand. Guess I wasn't thinking clearly. It's just that winning the tourney to me means nothing. I just want to get the returning guys as much time as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom