NIT Experimental Rules | The Boneyard

NIT Experimental Rules

Reaction Score
I like the 3 point line moved back - actually think it should go to the NBA line, that's whereva lot players shoot from anyway.

I also like the foul reset with each quarter.

Jury still out on wider lane.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I like the 3 point line moved back - actually think it should go to the NBA line, that's whereva lot players shoot from anyway.

I also like the foul reset with each quarter.

Jury still out on wider lane.

Love it. I agree that it should be the NBA line. But just getting the FIBA line is progress.

Like it. Again, more like the pro game. Although frankly I'd like the pros to become more like the real basketball rules of CBB and even HS.

Hate it. Anything that is anti-post play I'm going to be against. This is just a terrible idea.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Missed the 4th one - shot clock only reset to 20 after offensive rebound. Would potentially lead to more possesions and higher scoring.

Reaction Score
I good with all rule changes except 4 quarters. For some reason I just don't like the idea.

Reaction Score
The only NBA rule I would like to try is defensive 3 seconds.
Packing the defense results in less creative and less entertaining offenses.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I like the 4QT's. Like extra timeouts. I think someone like Adams would of appreciated.
Moving back the three point line is just fine with me. I recall clearly years ago around or post NC title Dick Vitale saying the three point shot will ruin college basketball. He likes the inside game. Think about it. Player averages 5 points a game however for some reason, he goes off for 30 and cannot miss a three. The rest of the season couldn't do squat. 20 second shot clock after offensive rebound I like. I didn't see the 2 shots after 5. Not a good idea. I guess I am thinking there were games where we had team fouls in 3 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom