NIT 2019 | The Boneyard

NIT 2019

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Pretty good finish on ESPN2 if anyone is interested. Nebraska up on Butler with 3:09 to go

Reaction Score
He is a really good coach, amazing how this team has progressed as the season went on. Impressive. They don't win this two months ago and don't come close to winning it in November.
The team playing at the end of the year was probably the fifth best team in the league, and if they started the year would be a bubble NCAA team.

Memphis is in a similar boat. They were probably the 3rd best team by the end of the year and would be closer to a 7 seed.

Temple sucked, though when they played well could beat a good team.

Both those teams continuing this development--in addition to UConn, of course--is incredibly important.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Norfolk State vs. Alabama and Harvard vs. Georgetown were great games. I was flipping back and forth.

The NCAA selection process has become so corrupt and political that I am losing a little bit of interest in it, and liking the NIT more.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He is a really good coach, amazing how this team has progressed as the season went on. Impressive. They don't win this two months ago and don't come close to winning it in November.
The start of the season they were basically left for dead. What a comeback. He loses all his great players and whipped his team back to winning ways. Now that's a coach.

Reaction Score
Memphis did not. Played like crap. Wichita went to Clemson beat them pretty good.
Yeah, if Wichita keeps this peformance up, they could possibly win the tourney

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wichita State plays @ Indiana tonight at 7 on ESPN. Winner goes to the Garden.

Reaction Score
I was at the Wichita State game at Gampel. It was probably the high point of the season for UConn. They played really, really well and dominated The Shockers throughout. This was the game in which Gilbert re-injured his shoulder during the second half.

I don't usually like to engage in "what-if's" but I can't shake this one. What if Gilbert and Adams don't get injured? UConn thoroughly outclassed Wichita State that night. They were never the same after that game. Adams and Gilbert never played together again. What if they were at full strength against Memphis in Memphis, against Temple in each game with them? What if they had won 3 out of those 4? Do they make the NIT?

I don't usually do this, but I couldn't help myself. Nice win Wichita State. Let's hope that they are just warming up.

Reaction Score
They would be a different team who would have had at least an extra week of games in some capacity.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Wichita up comfortably on Indiana right now. 26-15.

Reaction Score
This league is getting better in basketball. WSU was clearly the better team. More athletic. UCF's athleticism was able to match up with Duke. ANd Houston has big time athletes.

If Hurley and Penny get UConn and Memphis back, I may turn into StunningSteve. Don't know if we can keep Dawkins, Sampson, and Marshall in the league. Would be nice if Temple has a good hire.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Another awesome showing by the AAC in the post season.
It looks like us blowing Wichita St off the Gampel floor was a turning point for them. They've gone 13-3 since with close losses only to Cinci twice and Memphis and are headed to NIT Final Four. Great stuff.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
This league is getting better in basketball. WSU was clearly the better team. More athletic. UCF's athleticism was able to match up with Duke. ANd Houston has big time athletes.

If Hurley and Penny get UConn and Memphis back, I may turn into StunningSteve. The key will be to keep Dawkins, Sampson, and Marshall in the league. And for Temple to have a good hire.
Temple's next coach is current assistant and former NBA player/alum Aaron McKie

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just have to shake my head at all those geniuses here who were asking why did AAC invite WSU
WSU is a really good program with an outstanding coach - the best coach in the AAC right now

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Jake Forrester, who played with Gaffney on westtown, is getting no minutes at all for Indiana. Bet he transfers. I always thought he was really overrated by the scouting sites. Lacks athleticism.

Reaction Score
Just have to shake my head at all those geniuses here who were asking why did AAC invite WSU
WSU is a really good program with an outstanding coach - the best coach in the AAC right now

Who questioned it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom