Nika out tonight (Monday) | The Boneyard

Nika out tonight (Monday)

Reaction Score
I’d rather no Nika tomorrow at 80% in exchange for Nika at 95% in the round of 16.
Ankle is weakened and rest would be a “good thing”.
Either way, not going to heal 100% this year.
(I am not a Doctor, nor do I play one on TV).

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I expect when its game time, Nika will be on the court and ready, willing and able to pick some pockets!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Knowing Nika I expect her to be there at shoot around but CD will give her limited minutes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd let her rest until the next round of games. With the size of Syracuse it might not be a bad time for Edwards to start in place of Nika.
There is another Edwards on the Huskies?

Reaction Score
It might be wise to sit her out for a game.....let her heal.
Nothings guaranteed, if you can play at this time of year, you play. If we are up comfortably, then she can rest. I would regret not playing when I could have, and then we lose.

Reaction Score
I know this is hard to believe, but we have some other players that can play. They usually just spectate and do a good job of clapping and cheering through face masks, but some of them are pretty good too, and would be more than adequate to fill in for a starter who isn't 100%.

Reaction Score
Presume CD will start Edwards but I’d still bring her in off the bench. The inclination will be to match Syracuse’s size but I’d go with either Anna or Aubrey to start.

Reaction Score
When Nika sprained her other ankle prior to the BET she was able to practice the next day. This sprain prevented her from practicing yesterday, leading me to think it is more serious and more likely to prevent her from playing today. I hope I'm wrong. I certainly wouldn't risk her availablility for the remainder of the NCAA Tourney to try to get by 'Cuse; if they they can't beat them without Nika they wouldn't stand a very good chance of going the distance with Nika's injury exacerbated by rushing her back too soon.

Reaction Score
There is another Edwards on the Huskies?
No there isn't, but quite possibly Aaliyah would be the substitute for any injured starter from Nika to Liv. We have two other point guards so things get shuffled but that versatility allows us to bring the best player in for any injured starter.

Reaction Score
When Nika sprained her other ankle prior to the BET she was able to practice the next day. This sprain prevented her from practicing yesterday, leading me to think it is more serious and more likely to prevent her from playing today. I hope I'm wrong. I certainly wouldn't risk her availablility for the remainder of the NCAA Tourney to try to get by 'Cuse; if they they can't beat them without Nika they wouldn't stand a very good chance of going the distance with Nika's injury exacerbated by rushing her back too soon.

They played 3 games in 3 days for the BE tournament. Nor sure how much practice she had.

Reaction Score
I really hope she doesn't play tonight. I know she's an integral part of the team, but I would prefer to see her healthy for games in the next round. JMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom