Nika Muhl & Geno pre-game availability interviews-11/4 | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl & Geno pre-game availability interviews-11/4

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I watched the Geno and Nika interviews last night on YouTube, even though it was late after watching the UConn football game. To me, these two interviews were the most inciteful so far this year, with some very good questions from the media. Two things stood out to me- The question to Nika about the seriousness of coach P, and from Geno, NOTHING again about Amari. Nika is a funny girl, and quite honest in her answers regarding the state of the team and herself. Loved both of them, including the one with Lou which I didn't see until this thread. I think Geno was a little coy in his evaluation of the team, and believe it is better than he wanted us to know. In for a surprise, can't wait until tomorrow to find out. Go Huskies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno’s assessment of Nika is fascinating. She clearly is UConn’s voice on the court. He also indicated that Nika has been shooting the ball well, something that is critical if she is going to become a truly effective pg for the Huskies. The last piece of the puzzle for Nika seems to be knowing when to dial it back and when to go all out. At present she only has one speed, 100 mph.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Just a few remarks: Nika and Geno really seem to be of one mind. Watching her interview, I kept thinking she sounds just like him. Thoughtful answers, but echoing a lot of the same observations about the team.

Geno almost sounds like he’s trying to curb his enthusiasm. He’s really enjoying coaching this team. Yes, it’s a lot of work, but it seems like this team is buying into the program moreso than usual, and they’re embracing the underdog mentality in order to work harder.

Does anyone ever remember Geno gushing about a newcomer the way he is about Lou? I don’t follow as closely as some others, but his praise of her seems to be outside the two-sigma.

Based on what I’ve heard the last few days, I think this team will surprise a lot of so-called experts.

Reaction Score
Nika absolutely see herself as this team's point guard. Called herself that. When a reporter mentioned that Geno said it might be by committee it caught her by surprise. She recovered quickly to state of course he is the boss! Geno sure referred to her as the point. Wow has she matured and is a great interview. Couldn't help but notice a few small tats.

Reaction Score
Yup that's my girl! I can't wait to see her & the Huskies tomorrow!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom