Nika calling parents | The Boneyard

Nika calling parents

Reaction Score
I feel for these kids. My college has lots of international students and they certainly do find a second family on campus. But it’s still hard on them to be so far away. Little things like what to do with themselves on holidays can be quite distressing. Yes, they often find friends who invite them to have Christmas or thanksgiving with their families. And the institution lets them stay on campus and keeps the dining hall open for them when everyone else has left. But there’s plenty of time to miss family and friends back home.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My wife is German and when we left Germany in 79 to my next assignment in the D.C. area it was difficult for her at first, she would call her mom or one her sisters every Sunday, cheaper rates. She was new to the U.S., but she lucked out by getting a job with the German Armed Forces personnel office US/Canada in D.C. 6 months after being stationed there. In the long run it , helped her in acclimating to America, mostly by having some Germany there with her while also learning how to cope without actually living there.

Reaction Score
Just another example of how Nika is special. So many college kids are so focused on their own lives and trying to establish their independence, keeping in regular touch with parents isn't often top on their priority lists. I know I was somewhat guilty of that way back when I was in college. For Nika that is an important thing to her each and every morning. The 'loyalty' she has tattooed in script on her neck isn't just in relation to her teammates but obviously to all those she cares about. I think the Mühl's are a very close, loving and caring family.

As an aside, another special quality about Nika is how open she is in letting people see her as she is. In this case, her willingness to share her private morning practice, at other times such as in pressers, she just says how she sees it in a very open way while often adding a touch of humor. She just seems so comfortable in her own skin, not the least bit self conscious and certainly not guarded. She is just a pleasure for us to get to experience, aside from anything she does on the court I'm sure her teammates and coaches love having her around (unless she's guarding you in practice - just ask Aaliyah).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom