Nika at Home: The Whole 5 Minutes | The Boneyard

Nika at Home: The Whole 5 Minutes

Reaction Score
Nika is so down to earth and natural in her disposition and fantastic English. She has the type personality that she can fit in anywhere and with anyone.Plus, she is so mature and the way she speaks and presents herself is a tribute to her parents and Uconn coaches. Nika is a joy to watch and play . Many,many years of BB and a happy life. You are well on your way. GO NIKA!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Still love the sign that has the - Whoever said "Don't Mess With Texas" has never met Nika Muhl is 100% true. Laughed my head off when I first saw that last year when they played.

Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Nika is such a joy to see and listen to in all of her interviews. I can't remember any former players being so comfortable in sharing themselves as completely as Nika. Wherever her life takes her, I have no doubt it will be filled with humor, passion and 100% commitment.

Reaction Score
Nika, you have said many times how much you love the Huskies team and love Uconn, so, stay another year with your friends and coaches and help bring Uconn our NO.13th NC. I'm sure all your teammates and coaches love you as much. Please stay NIKA. We need you and 2 NC's will look good on your resume. GO NIKA!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
When a player decides to stay an extra year it takes away from someone else, so after four years it's time to move on.

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
When a player decides to stay an extra year it takes away from someone else, so after four years it's time to move on.
I do not agree with this perspective. The germane discussion to be had between the coaching staff and Nika is whether or not it helps or hurts the TEAM - and NOT about individual playing time during games, which is hoopsfan22's implication.
A secondary relevant discussion is whether or not it is beneficial to the player contemplating the extra year. Ideally, this should also involve the coaching staff.
Nika is a super positive influence on this team, whether she is on the court or on the bench.

Reaction Score
I do not agree with this perspective. The germane discussion to be had between the coaching staff and Nika is whether or not it helps or hurts the TEAM - and NOT about individual playing time during games, which is hoopsfan22's implication.
A secondary relevant discussion is whether or not it is beneficial to the player contemplating the extra year. Ideally, this should also involve the coaching staff.
Nika is a super positive influence on this team, whether she is on the court or on the bench.
I agree with you. I'm sure the other players on the team would be over joyed to have NIKA back for one more year. With potential injuries possible, all on the team will get the playing time they will have to earn. NIKA is a proven and stellar player and it would have to be a PAIGE type player that would be denied playing time, and there is NO Paige type player in the near future.The UCONN team mentality is all team,now and forever, drilled into them by Geno and CD. GO NIKA!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
It's a zero sum game. There are only 200 player-minutes available per game. Having an extra player means a younger player is getting less court time which slows their development. It also has an impact on leadership. Never mind the impact on recruiting.

Reaction Score
It's a zero sum game. There are only 200 player-minutes available per game. Having an extra player means a younger player is getting less court time which slows their development. It also has an impact on leadership. Never mind the impact on recruiting.
It's about the TEAM. What type of impact can she contribute in '24-'25? Since she cannot earn any NIL, it will be interesting to see her WNBA draft position vs Europe WBB.

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
Your last three sentences MIGHT be true for younger players at a non-Top 25 program, but is certainly NOT true for elite programs such as UConn. May I ask what criteria are you using to assess player development, much less to assess impacts on leadership and recruiting? Certainly not how many players reach AA, or how many play professionally, or how many go on to successful careers on or off the court after leaving UConn, are you?

Your position sounds like baseless conjecture that one hears from disgruntled family and friends to rationalize why some recruits do not choose UConn, or why some players might choose to transfer after a year or two. This is not to suggest playing time didn't factored heavily into their decisions (as has been documented over the last four decades), but I do not recall any player even hinting at the idea that her "development" was being curtailed, or that her leadership opportunities would be impacted.

If there is a young guard on this team who thinks (or worse, is listen to someone who thinks) that her development or leadership skills/opportunities might be curtailed by having Nika (or anybody for that matter) on the team for an additional year, then that player needs to acquire a new inner circle of advisors. Sooner than later.

Reaction Score
Love the way she rolls her "r's" when she says her parents' names.

Reaction Score
I think Nika would make a great head coach one day...........a little bit Geno but perhaps more Kim Mulkey........;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom