Nielsen's map of highest/lowest % of college football fans | The Boneyard

Nielsen's map of highest/lowest % of college football fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeffrey Fuller‏@jjfuller72 Apr 8
Nielsen's map of highest/lowest % of college football fans. Port & Utah highest in west
Cffkn1NXIAAptTO.jpg

Go to page 29 for better map. http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/...ts/nielsen-year-in-sports-report-feb-2016.pdf

Tons of info in the above link.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
MBB Champ Game: 28.3
FB Champ Game: 25.7

I know there is a CBS vs ESPN debate that will ensue, but I'm still kind of surprised.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
According to this guy, we have a better fan base than Oklahoma, and we would have the third best fan base behind only BYU and Texas. Not bad.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure this map is accurate. Nebraska should be as red as Ohio. According to this map, football is more popular in Iowa than Nebraska. I don't buy that for one minute. The Huskers have the nations longest running consecutive sellout streak, dating back decades.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I do find it hard to believe that no where in Texas is there a 46%+ interest. Even with growth in to the state or migration. Just doesn't seem right.

Same thing with South Carolina.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure this map is accurate. Nebraska should be as red as Ohio. According to this map, football is more popular in Iowa than Nebraska. I don't buy that for one minute. The Huskers have the nations longest running consecutive sellout streak, dating back decades.

I do find it hard to believe that no where in Texas is there a 46%+ interest. Even with growth in to the state or migration. Just doesn't seem right.

Same thing with South Carolina.

From inside the report: "According to Nielsen Scarborough, the highest percentage of college football fans lie in the Southeast and Midwest (SEC and BIG10), speci•cally in Alabama, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Georgia, Northern Florida, Iowa and Louisiana. The Northeast and Southwest have an expectedly lower college football fan penetration

Since it's a Nielson report - wouldn't they be talking about media viewship not butts in seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom