Niels is having a great summer overseas | The Boneyard

Niels is having a great summer overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Niels has the game to play well against pros. I remember how well he guarded Marquette's Jimmy Butler who was very productive for the Bulls last season.

Reaction Score
thx, do you have his stats for the entire summer?

Reaction Score
Wow that France team he scored in double digits against has a slough of pros. Giffey just needs more confidence could be our key player.

Reaction Score
He is very unrated as an athlete.
I don't know if he has NBA star talent. But, I could see a Brian Cardinal type career.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Everyone talks about big-men making the Hilton Armstrong jump for their senior year. But I think Niels will be the founder of the Niels Giffey jump for small forwards/guards. I bet he'll average just under 10 a game.

Reaction Score
In a strange kind of way I think Niels would be as good a player or even better in the NBA than at UConn. Truly hopes he gets a chance.

Reaction Score
After watching that game Giffey pretty much is a lock to start at the 3. guarded Evan Fournier pretty well and had a nice and1 off the bounce against him. Gave a good effort on batum but he's nearly a max player so... NAPIER,BOAT,NG,DD,NOLAN. Legit

Reaction Score
After watching that game Giffey pretty much is a lock to start at the 3. guarded Evan Fournier pretty well and had a nice and1 off the bounce against him. Gave a good effort on batum but he's nearly a max player so... NAPIER,BOAT,NG,DD,NOLAN. Legit
Ollie has pretty much said 4 of the starting 5 is set with Bazz, Boat, Omar and Daniels.

Reaction Score
I think Niels would be much better as the sixth man.

Agreed. Niels can pretty much come in and play the 2, 3, or 4 (and even the 5 in a pinch as we had to see once!) so he gives KO a lot of options to adjust after the start of the game

Reaction Score
Niels coming off the bench to turn up the pressure could have great results.
This team could be seriously good.

Reaction Score
Niels or Omar bring could bring unique and important roles as a 6th man. Niels' pure energy, D and hustle. Omar's shooting. Both could start, both could be a great 6th man. There are worse problems for Ollie to have.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like Niels starting better. We don't have a scoring option off the bench at the moment (Kromah could step in here). With Omar coming off the bench he has the ability to pour in at least 10 a night very easily. Plus Niels is a better defender and rebounder, gives us a lot more size for the 3 spot.

Reaction Score
kid starts on his national team can't start here? it would be advantageous for him to start, he is an elite shooter and above average defender. Taller than omar by 3 inches. either way I'm fine, just saying .

Reaction Score
Niels needs to let the shots fly like he was in this game, there wasn't any hesitation and overthinking like he's been prone to do during his career here. With all the attention that Bazz and Boat are going to command up top open shots are going to be there, I also wouldn't mind mixing in some pick and pops with Giff like they did with DeAndre last year.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I am kind of surprised how good Niels Giffey is playing overseas with the german nationalteam.

here are his stats from one of the games versus France:
http://www.basketball-bund.de/wp-content/uploads/DBB-HerrenGER-FRA2013.pdf

and here are two full game videos from Niels guarding and being guarded mostly by Nicolas Batum (Portland Trailblazers) and some other NBA players:
http://www.basketball-bund.de/videos-on-demand
Wow, we know he is a very solid defender but not only did he start and play over 22 minutes, he was tied for leading scorer while playing a close game against team with six NBA players...impressive!

Reaction Score
Everyone talks about big-men making the Hilton Armstrong jump for their senior year. But I think Niels will be the founder of the Niels Giffey jump for small forwards/guards. I bet he'll average just under 10 a game.
I hope you're right but I think just under 8 ppg is more likely. The scoring is going to be distributed among too many guys to expect 10 ppg from our likely 6th man. It's a safe bet that we'll get double digit averages out of the 1-4 starters and hopefully a combined 10 or so from the 5. If Daniels scores 20 or so as I expect and Bazz, Boat and Omar pour in another 40 or so, 10 is just too much to expect from NG in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Predicted averages: (assuming no Samuels or Facey)
Bazz 15 (4, 7)
Boat 14 (3, 4)
Omar 12 (4, 2)
DD 16 (7, 2)
Nolan 5 (6, >1)
Niels 7 (5, 1)
Olander 3 (3, 1)
Brimah >1 (1, 0)
Kromah 5 (2, 1)

That's a team average of 77 which is a bit high but I could see these guys putting these numbers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom