Nicknamed ‘Squeaks,’ UConn’s Christyn Williams will need to be loud on the court to get Huskies back to the Final Four | The Boneyard

Nicknamed ‘Squeaks,’ UConn’s Christyn Williams will need to be loud on the court to get Huskies back to the Final Four

Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice quote

“She’s already more than just a normal sophomore,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “I think she’s ready to take off.”

Extra credit.

Did Alexa intend this as a pun?

... but she also had plenty of games where she played like a freshman, slipping up defensively or taking on a more passive role on offense.

Williams may have been able to squeak by with games like that when Collier and Samuelson were around to combine for roughly 40 points any given night, but those days are long gone.

Reaction Score
Nice quote

“She’s already more than just a normal sophomore,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “I think she’s ready to take off.”

Extra credit.

Did Alexa intend this as a pun?

... but she also had plenty of games where she played like a freshman, slipping up defensively or taking on a more passive role on offense.

Williams may have been able to squeak by with games like that when Collier and Samuelson were around to combine for roughly 40 points any given night, but those days are long gone.
Squeaks may have been batted around but it never stuck as a "nick name" She was LOUD against ND in 2 games and after January last year she was making some noise.
Geno expects her to take over a few games when the team needs her to. He has posted that comment.

Reaction Score
I'm a little tired of reading about "replacing" players. Did Collier/KLS "replace" Stewart/Tuck? NO!!! They developed their own skills and did pretty good. So now we are asked "who will replace Collier & KLS"? No one will replace them. No one replaced Nurse/Williams. UConn isn't Indiana St after Bird left.
When I was younger it was Wooden's UCLA ruling mcbb (there was no wcbb). Every year I would think that this was the year they get beat because so-and-so left. I couldn't wait for "Alcinder" to graduate. I felt that no one could replace him. And then I watched Walton play.
UConn is a system. Comparing freshmen to departing seniors isn't fair. Players all fit into that system in different ways and Geno is a master at finding players that can thrive in his system. But only the rare player looks good in it from day one. This year UConn has a bunch of great talent and even more is coming in the future. Unlike Athena they don't typically appear fully armed and ready for battle but they do get there.
I feel more excited about the next half decade than I have ever felt about any UConn era.

Reaction Score
These are my thoughts on scoring totals...

I see Walker and Williams taking over the KLS and Pheesa scoring.

ONO taking over Williams scoring and Makurat taking over Walker scoring. Makurat looked a little like she was jacked for the game and rushing her shots. I bet she calms down as season goes forward.

Danger increases a little bit but probably not much.

What I find very interesting is if Bent and Irwin can increase their scoring and if Aubrey and Adebayo can score more than Bent and Irwin did last year.

If all that happens which I think is possible I like our chances... Westbrook would be the icing on top.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom