Nick Williams is in the NFL! | The Boneyard

Nick Williams is in the NFL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In a disappointing season for both my Skins and Huskies, a minor condolence is that Nick Williams is indeed getting an NFL shot, taking the roster spot of Chris Thompson, who is on IR.

Now, keep in mind, Thompson hasn't always been active, anyway...but current KR Josh Morgan has been terrible, so there is a good chance that Nick does make the active roster.

Congrats, Nicky Wilz!

Reaction Score
Cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare

The under utilization of Griffin and Williams among the top 3 GDL fails in 2012. 69 touches for two NFL players out of 809 total plays. (NW 10 carries, 30 catches; RG 29 catches) Under 10 percent. Brutal.

Reaction Score
Cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare cupboard bare

The under utilization of Griffin and Williams among the top 3 GDL fails in 2012. 69 touches for two NFL players out of 809 total plays. (NW 10 carries, 30 catches; RG 29 catches) Under 10 percent. Brutal.

So you want to go back to the alternate reality where we go 7-5 last year, maybe win a bowl game and PP is our coach for another year or two? No thanks. As bad as this is it will be over soon.

Reaction Score
This is where you send a tweet to John Silver saying that once again, he was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Nick!! John Silver is incompetent and he knows little to nothing about football.

Reaction Score
So you want to go back to the alternate reality where we go 7-5 last year, maybe win a bowl game and PP is our coach for another year or two? No thanks. As bad as this is it will be over soon.

It is a testament to Nick and Ryan that they were able to overcome poor playcalling to get to the league (which I'll bet the scouts took into consideration). Sucks for us that we only saw glimpses and not steady doses of their talent. Happy P/GDL gone but stinks these guys were collateral damage.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I predict a TD before the season ends.

Reaction Score

Umm who was the coach who made him a wr in the first place. Before p he only did returns

Congrats nick. Looking forward to seeing u play on sunday.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Umm who was the coach who made him a wr in the first place. Before p he only did returns

Congrats nick. Looking forward to seeing u play on sunday.

I watched some Nick Williams return clips on youtube and the difference between him and McCombs is startling.

McComb dances and jogs looking for a seam and Nick looked like a rocket shot out of cannon.

Reaction Score
I finally figured out who Nick reminded me of as a returner at UCONN - Brian Mitchell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Santana moss and joe thiesman have already heaped a ton of praise on this kid. Glad he is getting his chance. Best of luck nick

Reaction Score
I finally figured out who Nick reminded me of as a returner at UCONN - Brian Mitchell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That's actually a great comparison. Mitchell was never a burner like Devin Hester but always got significant yards and TDs with his KR instincts.

Reaction Score
That's actually a great comparison. Mitchell was never a burner like Devin Hester but always got significant yards and TDs with his KR instincts.

Exactly. He just had fantastic instincts and vision like Nick showed at UCONN. Always seemed to be one block ahead when returning kicks. If Nick has a fraction of the success Mitchell had, he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom