Nick Noskowiak (Committed to Iowa State) | The Boneyard

Nick Noskowiak (Committed to Iowa State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A PG decommit from Marquette. Looks like the competition for him is Illinois, Cal, and USC. Should KO check in?

I'd love him here, mostly because the 'Yard can't handle spelling Samuel correctly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That is a very complicated situation and I think we're probably well-advised to steer clear.

A lot of family/personal confusion there.

Reaction Score
Noskowiak is a real PG, and he's an above-average shooter, both of which would be nice, but I doubt we'd be able to make much of a dent on him at this point.

Reaction Score
Well if he's worth it....

we do kind of have a tradition of players without strong male role models in their lives who look to either JC or KO as a father figure. So does Nick want a new daddy who's like a reverend?

This did occur to me.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If his battle with depression isn't going well, he won't be playing college basketball. This is a whole different ballgame from daddy issues.

Reaction Score
Yeah, because joining a tight knit group of brothers who have to spend almost all their time together practicing and playing wouldn't do any benefit to someone suffering from depression, riiiiiight

Reaction Score
Yeah, because joining a tight knit group of brothers who have to spend almost all their time together practicing and playing wouldn't do any benefit to someone suffering from depression, riiiiiight

Clinical depression is not something that is cured just by having something good happen in your life. It is not simply like being down emotionally

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

It takes therapy and medication. Get a duck*ing education.

Reaction Score
Wow, didn't realize everyone is a licensed Dr here, or is everyone just clinically depressed?

Optimism is always met with anger at the boneyard

Reaction Score
He probably would be fine during the season....it's just after it is when you would have to worry.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Wow, didn't realize everyone is a licensed Dr here, or is everyone just clinically depressed?

You don't need to be a M.D. to know that mental illness requires real treatment.

There's a difference between optimism and blatant misinformation.

Reaction Score

Being dismissive of a real and significant medical condition isn't "optimism."

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
i'm a licensed physician and it isn't clear from the referenced article that he even has clinical depression…the kid claims that he did not…a lot of jumping to conclusions in this thread!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Clinical depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. There are drugs on the market that help quite a lot.
I doubt if there is a permanent cure. But he should be able to resume basketball once the drugs start to work.
Eventually he can get off the drugs to see is there is a resumption of symptoms.

Reaction Score
Sounds more like a controlling abusive father than a control substance issue. I'm sure the dad is making sure the kid doesn't play and is the abuse angle to reflect the abuse he is probably dishing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom