Nick and Blidi | The Boneyard

Nick and Blidi

Reaction Score
How great (and increasingly common) that former Huskies are now at every big NFL game!! Whether you root for the Pats or the Falcons in the Super Bowl, it's our UConn loyalties that make us proud.
IMG_3708.jpg

Reaction Score
Even though I am a HUGE PATS Fan and rooting hard for them to win a 5th Super Bowl Title, I hope that Blidi and Williams do well. I am very proud of their accomplishments and the fact that they have stuck around the NFL for as long as they have. Get that NFL Pension!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'm a long-time season ticket holder for the Pats - but I've had my UCONN season tickets longer. This is a tough one. The Pats do not have a single UCONN guy on the team. Not one! I'm hoping for a good game by the Pats and stand-out performances by the UCONN studs.

Reaction Score
Seventeen UConn players were on opening day rosters in 2015 and 14 in 2016. Those are big numbers for a school like UConn. In all, more than 20 have dotted NFL rosters in recent years.

Wreh-Wilson is happy to see Edsall back running the show in Storrs.

"It's good to see a familiar face at UConn again," he said. "The last couple of years we went in a certain direction. It's good to see Uncle Randy back there trying to get it back to where he had it."

Wreh-Wilson had an offer from Buffalo out of high school. Army, Navy and the Ivy League were interested in Williams. On Monday night, here they were among Super Bowl players from the biggest SEC schools.

"I'm using that quite a bit," Edsall said. "Why wouldn't you use it? Those were guys I recruited and coached. The academics, the opportunity to get to the next level, that's important to kids in terms of making a decision. That's another piece of the puzzle in terms of selling kids to come to Connecticut."

Jeff Jacobs: Edsall Can’t Remember Hogan, But Williams And Wreh-Wilson Stand Out

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I doubt either one is going to dress for the SB.

Reaction Score
Per CBS sports Nick Williams is dressing today for the Super Bowl. Can anyone confirm this? Nostical?

Reaction Score
Then there's this. The boneyard won't let me post the link due to "more than 2 images" which I have no idea what that means. It's from atlantafalcons.com

The Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots are required by NFL rules to reduce their active game day roster to 46 players by naming a list of inactive players prior to kickoff. Below are the inactives for both teams. Starters listed below are on the game card given to the media and may not represent the actual personnel on the field to start the game.

INACTIVES

WR Nick Williams

CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson

From the looks of other sites, Nick is in and BWW is out.

Reaction Score
Adds up to 53 with both of them on the depth chart.

Being that 46 is the magic number, we'll just have to wait. I do think Nick is in. I hope so. Screw you Patriots. Nick Williams catches the game winner. Mark it down.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Being that 46 is the magic number, we'll just have to wait. I do think Nick is in. I hope so. Screw you Patriots. Nick Williams catches the game winner. Mark it down.

So then UConn and BCU are forever linked in Falcons lore?

Reaction Score
I know Beatty and Lorenzen have won SB rings; are there any other UCONN alumni who have won?

Reaction Score
Now we know why the Falcons lost. Come to think of it Nick Williams could have been a secret weapon for the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Now we know why the Falcons lost. Come to think of it Nick Williams could have been a secret weapon for the Falcons in the Super Bowl.
The answer for little white receivers: more little white receivers.

Reaction Score

Honestly, if Atlanta was going to be so allergic to the run, little hole-in-the-defense receivers like Nick would have been ideal. Basically the same as Brady to Faulk, Vereen, White, etc. 14 times a game. Incredibly effective way to replace a failing running game.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The answer for little white receivers: more little white receivers.

If he gets cut, what are the odds N.E. picks him up? I can't wait until Nick Williams graduates from the Edelman/Welker/Amendola Patriots WR school and becomes a dynamic slot/return threat in the Patriots next post-season run.

Reaction Score
Falcon's blew it by not activating Nick. They were 1 for 8 on third down (absorb that stat for a second) and he was their best quick slant pass option. It was cool however seeing he and Blidi run onto the field together with the team.
IMG_3741.JPG

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom