Nice UConn segment on PTI today | The Boneyard

Nice UConn segment on PTI today

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Kornheiser spent a minute talking about how this was a great thing for the Big East, and both Tony and Wilbon chastised BC.

Clip doesn't appear to be up on YouTube at the moment but I'll post when it it's updated.

Reaction Score
Kornheiser spent a minute talking about how this was a great thing for the Big East, and both Tony and Wilbon chastised BC.

Clip doesn't appear to be up on YouTube at the moment but I'll post when it it's updated.
It is a great thing for the ZBE. Thry should have paid us to return. Or, at least, split our exit fee to the AAC.

Reaction Score
It is a great thing for the ZBE. Thry should have paid us to return. Or, at least, split our exit fee to the AAC.

I honestly don’t understand how - after a couple of years of empty gyms at USF, Tulane and ECU playing games that we have to convince ourselves to give a *$&@ about - you can’t be excited for them to be playing Villanova and Georgetown and Seton Hall in a conference with a bunch of nationally relevant teams. I just don’t get it. It’s like you staked yourself to a position and your pride won’t let you give it up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This was all Tony. Wilbon showed again at the end how he just mails it in these days when he said they are "happy in places like Bristol." Anyone here think Bristol was happy with UConn's move?

Reaction Score
Yes, but we seem to manage to negotiate from weakness as a standard operating procedure. It starts with not putting Aresco and the AAC in a vice grip as the foundation blue chip member. Terms should have been HQ in hartford for as long as we are in conference, guaranteed Minimum revenue with escalation or right to leave with no exit. We screwed it badly. Same goes with the state ESPN economic package. Could have leveraged us into a minimum rev deal for UConn or conference move. We have idiots running the state.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, but we seem to manage to negotiate from weakness as a standard operating procedure. It starts with not putting Aresco and the AAC in a vice grip as the foundation blue chip member. Terms should have been HQ in hartford for as long as we are in conference, guaranteed Minimum revenue with escalation or right to leave with no exit. We screwed it badly. Same goes with the state ESPN economic package. Could have leveraged us into a minimum rev deal for UConn or conference move. We have idiots running the state.
We had little leverage when the C7 left. We were in survival mode and thought our eventual departure inevitable.

As to the ESPN deal, the timing was off, but otherwise agree. I do think that there was an opportunity to have a back channel quiet discussion to get the next slot that was missed.

Reaction Score
This was all Tony. Wilbon showed again at the end how he just mails it in these days when he said they are "happy in places like Bristol." Anyone here think Bristol was happy with UConn's move?
I would think they’d be pissed cause I believe they’re on Fox Sports now.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The citizens of Bristol yeah

Reaction Score
I believe Wright is too honest to coach a team that cheats. I can’t see him doing what K does.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Better pray Jay Wright never leaves Nova. I could see Duke throwing a bag at him when K retires in a few years.
I believe UCLA offered to double Jay Wright's salary and he said no. Duke is obviously the better job, but I think he stays, pretty sure he is a lifer at Nova.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Wojo may be the next one to get that job (which I doubt), but the next guy is rarely ever the guy who replaces a legend.
What you mean next guy is rarely ever the guy who replaces a legend?

Reaction Score
What you mean next guy is rarely ever the guy who replaces a legend?
The first guy hired after a legendary head coach leaves is rarely the long term answer. Bill Gutheridge in between Dean Smith and Roy Williams. KO in between Calhoun and Hurley (hopefully)

Reaction Score
Lots of UConn interns at ESPN. The Communication school had a direct hook up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom