nice to have an asskicking blowout victory | The Boneyard

nice to have an asskicking blowout victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
seems like it has been a few year (yes, i did no homework on this statement). love when they roll on a team like this

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was nice and great the walk ons got into a game this season. They played for what, about 1 minute and they were like kids at Christmas morning during that very short time.

And Nolan, bless his heart. He hasn't put things together yet and who knows if he ever will. But he is just so happy to be out on the court you have to root for this kid.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
yep - nice to roll over an opponent who is 1 and 10, and they out rebounjded us at that. League play ought to be, unh, interesting.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
they were without their leading scorer too... this game should have been over before halftime

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really enjoy winning! Hopefully the crowds during the Fordham and Washington games will be loud and plentiful.

caw

Reaction Score
yep - nice to roll over an opponent who is 1 and 10, and they out rebounjded us at that. League play ought to be, unh, interesting.

they were without their leading scorer too... this game should have been over before halftime

You both realize freshmen Nolan and Tolksdorf played about 8 minutes each in the first half, 36 total combined, and 7 minutes in the game went to walk-ons. That's 43 minutes (21.5%) to players that haven't played much, if at all, this year. Nolan had only played 53 minutes total in the prior 9 games (about 6 per). Tolksdorf only 11 (about 1 per).

Ollie was trying things out in the first half, especially seeing what Nolan and Tolksdorf could do against lesser competition, it wasn't a rousing success, but it wasn't horrid either. I was actually somewhat impressed with Tolksdorf's BBIQ and Nolan has some potential.

Not only that but RJ Evans didn't play at all, probably to get him healthy.

Rebounding is a flawed stat when one team shoots this well. I mean it's a concern going forward, but it's not something to worry about from this game.

EDIT: It was also interesting that they had Napier running the lead point all night and Boat at the second point guard/shooting guard. EDIT2: Napier now has 17 assists in the last two games while only having 18 in the previous 8.

Reaction Score
UMES was one of the worst teams I've ever seen, but we won the game by 34 points. There will be plenty of other opportunities to complain later on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You both realize freshmen Nolan and Tolksdorf played about 8 minutes each in the first half, 36 total combined, and 7 minutes in the game went to walk-ons. That's 43 minutes (21.5%) to players that haven't played much, if at all, this year. Nolan had only played 53 minutes total in the prior 9 games (about 6 per). Tolksdorf only 11 (about 1 per).

Ollie was trying things out in the first half, especially seeing what Nolan and Tolksdorf could do against lesser competition, it wasn't a rousing success, but it wasn't horrid either. I was actually somewhat impressed with Tolksdorf's BBIQ and Nolan has some potential.

Not only that but RJ Evans didn't play at all, probably to get him healthy.

Rebounding is a flawed stat when one team shoots this well. I mean it's a concern going forward, but it's not something to worry about from this game.

EDIT: It was also interesting that they had Napier running the lead point all night and Boat at the second point guard/shooting guard. EDIT2: Napier now has 17 assists in the last two games while only having 18 in the previous 8.
Well stated. You know the adage - it's easier to complain then to produce.

UMES was without their experienced PG but they played two guys that were out prior to yesterday who are expected to be integral to the team. RJE was game time decision. Coaching staff had hoped to rest him to give more time to healing. Hope he can rest Friday.

And yes SN is running more point. I think in certain games RB and SN will switch within games to create some confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom