Nice Sue Bird article through the eyes of Christ the King Coach | The Boneyard

Nice Sue Bird article through the eyes of Christ the King Coach

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

“It’s been a wonderful trip that Sue has brought us all on,” said Mackey, who is the athletic director, and still head coach, at Christ The King. “She was a little kid. I saw her play as a seventh-grader and I was floored. Then when she came on board with us, my god, what a pleasure. What a great representative of what girls high school basketball is supposed to be. She hasn’t changed. I know she’s a 41-year-old woman. But we’ll talk, and I still see the kid.”

and Geno

“Paige (Bueckers) was in the gym (on a Sunday) and I was talking to Paige about her workouts and summer school classes and where she’s going on vacation.

And I thought to myself, man, you know how many conversations I’ve had like this with kids when they were either in high school or college?

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There are a lot of good quotes, but this one kind of stuck with me :

“They move on,” Mackey said. “Whether they go on to play like Sue or Tina or Chamique Holdsclaw, or move on to a career as a doctor or lawyer, they all move on. But for a brief moment, for four years, it’s just amazing, and with Sue it’s been 20-plus years of enjoying the ride.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom