nice run | The Boneyard

nice run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton with the training wheels off and not afraid to make plays has been a joy to watch. I missed this Hamilton.

Grain of salt due to the opponent, but we need to play like this from the tip on offense. Not afraid to take shots and make plays. We can't try to be patient and give up good looks or driving lanes to work the ball around a lot to no end, we have to get on our front foot and be in attack mode. Being patient and flipping the switch has proven to be too difficult.

Reaction Score
Hamilton with the training wheels off and not afraid to make plays has been a joy to watch. I missed this Hamilton.

Grain of salt due to the opponent, but we need to play like this from the tip on offense. Not afraid to take shots and make plays. We can't try to be patient and give up good looks or driving lanes to work the ball around a lot to no end, we have to get on our front foot and be in attack mode. Being patient and flipping the switch has proven to be too difficult.
Right. He doesn't...but Hamilton can beat his man any time he wants. He just can.

And he can shoot.

And he can pass.

He just hasn't put it all together yet, because...I guess probably because he's a freshman.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
We've been a 2h team all year.. ECU is baddddd...But Boatright is damn good... Green light from me to take any shot... His difficult shots most likely have a better percentage then any shot from the squad... Hamilton has a bright future too, cant wait till he improves that handle

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
Hamilton with the training wheels off and not afraid to make plays has been a joy to watch. I missed this Hamilton. Grain of salt due to the opponent, but we need to play like this from the tip on offense. Not afraid to take shots and make plays. We can't try to be patient and give up good looks or driving lanes to work the ball around a lot to no end, we have to get on our front foot and be in attack mode. Being patient and flipping the switch has proven to be too difficult.
We saw the future in the first 5 minutes of second half. It was ALL Hamilton when we went from 7 down to the lead. A couple buckets , 2 lobs to Brimah and a one man fast break where he finds boat for corner Trey.... Special player in the making once he gets some instinct and reduces turnovers.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Replicate whatever that offensive spark was for for stretches longer than however many minutes it lasted, add some offensive rebounding, have a big guy learn how to take it into the lane and draw fouls. And yeah, replicating that in the first half would be nice, and on the road too.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We saw the future in the first 5 minutes of second half. It was ALL Hamilton when we went from 7 down to the lead. A couple buckets , 2 lobs to Brimah and a one man fast break where he finds boat for corner Trey.... Special player in the making once he gets some instinct and reduces turnovers.

I think he had 9, 11, and 5, but the best stat was the 0 turnovers. He dialed it back enough to get more under control and become more effective. Kid is a heck of a rebounder. I'm not sure he will become a great pure shooter, but he could be a really good scorer and playmaker.

Reaction Score
I think he had 9, 11, and 5, but the best stat was the 0 turnovers. He dialed it back enough to get more under control and become more effective. Kid is a heck of a rebounder. I'm not sure he will become a great pure shooter, but he could be a really good scorer and playmaker.

He's had his moments as a shooter, too - a little streaky. He was 4-12 today, but I think he was 0-4 on his last four shots (3 when the game was already wrapped up) and had a couple first-half threes pop out. But there are times this season he's hit little rhythm step back shots from 15-17 feet where I thought "NBA move" - in his very first game (Bryant?), he had a step back 3 that was beautiful, but I haven't seen him try to take a shot like that since (except maybe under duress late in a clock).

Like a lot of freshmen, it becomes a between the ears thing. The start of the second half against ECU was like the start of the game against West Virginia, where he took the game over for a short stretch doing absolutely everything - shooting, passing, rebounding, driving. Then when it stops becoming easy, when teams make adjustments and he makes mistakes, he loses some confidence and becomes more hesitant or defers. I think that's a normal part of being a freshman - you want to see flashes of how good they can be and accept that it's just not going to be there every night, except in the rarest of the rare. Then you fight your own brain a little - you force yourself to be aggressive, but it's not a confident aggressive, and it results in a bad play.

I did watch some of his attacking moves today and wonder how much better he'd be doing this year if we had some sort of combination of Giffey/Napier/Daniels out there with him spreading the floor. It's usually the help guy that gives him problems and it's harder to help off guys who can kill you from deep. ECU just wasn't very good at helping and DHam almost always had a nice seam to use.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
...But Boatright is damn good... Green light from me to take any shot...

Somebody tell Chief00 to tell Andre to call KO and pass that on. A guy on the Boneyard has given Boat the green light to shoot it. Pretty sure that's what KO's been waiting for.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Somebody tell Chief00 to tell Andre to call KO and pass that on. A guy on the Boneyard has given Boat the green light to shoot it. Pretty sure that's what KO's been waiting for.

Rich stick to knock knock jokes pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC