Nice Road Win for the Sun | The Boneyard

Nice Road Win for the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Up by as much as 22 on the Lib at MSG. NY made a huge charge in the 2nd half lead by Cappie and Tina but the Sun held them off and did not collapse under the pressure. This was without Allie Hightower who was sitting with a bum knee from the win against Phoenix. In Allie's absence Kelly Faris got 13 minutes and played ok.
Three wins in a row, and
three 20+ point games in a row for Alex Bentley.
Three in a row with 4 or more players in double figures.
KT seems to be breaking out of her early shooting funk the last two games also... 43% overall (9/21), 57% from 3 (8/14).
Another key player, Kelsey Bone seems to be finishing better recently also. She has consistently put herself in good position to score right along, but earlier in the season she just wasn't finishing. Chiney is as good as advertised and our other rookie, Alyssa Thomas is doing a really good job bringing energy and toughness to the table every time out.

I don't know where this group ends up, but I like this team and enjoy watching them.

Reaction Score
Wow, someone on this forum likes the Sun? j/k

I like watching every team play. They all have their own distinct personality. This is a great season so far.

I'm going to see the Sun play in DC later this month.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Striper69 said:
Wow, someone on this forum likes the Sun? j/k

I'm going to see the Sun play in DC later this month.

I think it is time for Anne Donovan's intemperate critics to re - assess their position. The Sun now have a three - game winning streak. They have been competitive even in their recent losses. They have played competent offense and defense. Tonight they got multiple runout baskets when Laimbeer had his team hitting the offensive boards with too many people.

If they beat the liberty again at home on Sunday, they will have clawed their way back to .500.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
I thought Donovan was hired to win a WNBA Championship. Now we're happy to be "clawing our way back to .500"???

Talk about lowered expectations.

Nice to see 'em get a road win, though. That's a total of three the team has won over the two seasons Donovan has coached. (Mike had 13 in his last season as coach.)

There's not a lot of strong teams in the East, and the Sun certainly have the talent to make the playoffs. We're rooting for them.

Reaction Score
With UConn players scattered about the WNBA, there's always a team to cheer for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom