Nice not having a "what's wrong with KLS" post | The Boneyard

Nice not having a "what's wrong with KLS" post

Reaction Score
I'm delighted that, for the most part, it seems that posters are talking up the overall game and contributions from so many different people instead of finding fault if KLS shoots less than 40% from three point range or less than 50% overall. I didn't turn on the game till late (not realizing it started when it did) and figured out by the commentary that KLS's shot was a bit off but loved that they acknowledged her contributions in other ways. The fact that she had nine assists obviously suggests that she wasn't focused or obsessed with scoring but contributing in whatever fashion she could. Her overall shooting percentage wasn't bad and I have no idea if she was missing badly with her three point shot or if it was just rimming out. The important thing is helping the team! The percentage of assists to made field goals and the teams shooting overall are good signs. So happy the long layoff hasn't seemed to effect the team too badly and I only hope that the build off of this performance. I loved the little interview after the game with Gabby and I'm so impressed with the manner that all the girls articulate when in front of a microphone. They present the University of Connecticut in such an amazing way.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think most recognize that Collier is the star so if KLS has an off game, it's ok. Hard to find things to complain about anyway when you win by 60....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm delighted that, for the most part, it seems that posters are talking up the overall game and contributions from so many different people instead of finding fault if KLS shoots less than 40% from three point range or less than 50% overall. I didn't turn on the game till late (not realizing it started when it did) and figured out by the commentary that KLS's shot was a bit off but loved that they acknowledged her contributions in other ways. The fact that she had nine assists obviously suggests that she wasn't focused or obsessed with scoring but contributing in whatever fashion she could. Her overall shooting percentage wasn't bad and I have no idea if she was missing badly with her three point shot or if it was just rimming out. The important thing is helping the team! The percentage of assists to made field goals and the teams shooting overall are good signs. So happy the long layoff hasn't seemed to effect the team too badly and I only hope that the build off of this performance. I loved the little interview after the game with Gabby and I'm so impressed with the manner that all the girls articulate when in front of a microphone. They present the University of Connecticut in such an amazing way.

Well, now that you bring it up. Just kidding. When coming off the 10/10, I think she wanted to test her stroke which really was not there. Once she saw that, she started to diversify her game. Next game, she will probably be lights out.

Reaction Score
Well, now that you bring it up. Just kidding. When coming off the 10/10, I think she wanted to test her stroke which really was not there. Once she saw that, she started to diversify her game. Next game, she will probably be lights out.
I think she said something last game where she needs to be less focused on shooting threes and just play her overall game and that the shooting will take care of itself.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
9 assists is a nice way to mitigate the 3 ball not dropping for her today. Also battled on the boards.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was telling my wife during the game -- the biggest difference between last year and this year for Lou is that last year, it would have gotten in her head. Today she had a really good game. Nine assists, two steals, no turnovers -- pretty good for a shooter.

Reaction Score
I thought KLS was standing at the three point line a lot and never posted up in this game.

Reaction Score
I thought KLS was standing at the three point line a lot and never posted up in this game.
I liked her overall game today, but, yup, very little movement that way. Had me thinking that maybe Geno wasn't wanting to show his cards this early in the tournament....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I liked her overall game today, but, yup, very little movement that way. Had me thinking that maybe Geno wasn't wanting to show his cards this early in the tournament....
She never got passes when she did post up, and it tended to bring too many defenders down toward the lane - with her outside it left a lot more room for Gabby and Napheesa to operate, and boy did they.

Reaction Score
I think most recognize that Collier is the star so if KLS has an off game, it's ok. Hard to find things to complain about anyway when you win by 60....

I tend to think that this team doesn't have just one ("the") star, and while Collier was more of her relentless AA self today, the AA evolution of Lou this season is a player that can set an NCAA record from 3 in one game, and turn around and dish out 1 assist short of a double-double in an "off game" (46% fg in an off game...may we all be so blessed).

There have been a few posts recently about AA voters valuing the volume shooters/scorers when it comes time for end-of-season awards and ignoring other types of invaluable contribution, and I think Lou's effort to put a stamp on today's game though the outcome was a foregone conclusion continues to show growth in her game and her desire not to be a one-dimensional AA candidate.

Also, as many will notice, I'm a first-time poster. I've been a BY follower for years, but as many of you have articulated throughout this season, there is something about this team that is exciting and so different from Huskies teams of the past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom