Nice job during Winning Time today! | The Boneyard

Nice job during Winning Time today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm very proud of the way they came back and the way they did more than just hold on during winning time. They put the Houston away down the stretch.

I like KO for finally giving the keys to Adams, something that I thought he should have done a month ago. As young and inexperienced he is, Adams gives UConn the best chance of winning come March. He just needs to continue to learn, cut down on TOs, gain some confidence in his J, which is better than what he's shown, and finish better midrange and at the rim. A few too many TOs today, but he tightened his game down the stretch. No 3s to speak of, which is fine, but he did finish a lot better today than he has been. The more PT he gets, the more confident he'll become.

The team D needs play like it did down the stretch. They just don't seem to know how to play intense D without fouling for longer stretches. They were stout the last 10 minutes.

In the half-court, their offense is not pretty, but IMO their bigger problem is the lack of intensity as they run it. Too much one guy dribbling and 4 standing around. Adams seems to be the one who gets them to move more in the half-court and when they do move the ball more, or drive and kick, they look so much better.

I still think DHam is the key to this team. Reminds me of the Caron team that struggled till he put together a dominating 2nd half to his last season here. DHam leaves too many of his fade-aways short. If he finish those more efficiently, not take as many highly contested shots and find his teammates a tad better, we will be a better team. I think letting the offense flow more through Adams with improved player movement will help where the team won't need to rely on DHam doing too much. DHam also needs to learn to play better off the ball as does some of his teammates.

I saw some encouraging improvement in that second half. That half might just be the turning point for this season. I guess we'll find out over the next couple weeks.

Nice win today. I was really proud of our team!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Adams is not afraid. At all. Even when losing is in site, he still gives it all.

Reaction Score
Very proud of this team. Been flipping back and forth between the UCONN game and the Panthers game. Missed part of it also but from what I saw and am reading, this team feels much improved.

Reaction Score
Adams is not afraid. At all. Even when losing is in site, he still gives it all.
Also after making mistakes he still is not discouraged. In fact when he is 'outplayed' he still does not give up or act like he knows it. That's impressive and something that exhibits our UConn traditional great guards.

He appears to be on pace to be All Conference and perhaps AA before he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom