Nice Crystal/Lynx Article ...and Phee | The Boneyard

Nice Crystal/Lynx Article ...and Phee

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Coach [Reeve] is really good with letting you show what you can do,” Collier added. “Because we don’t have that true point guard, [Dangerfield] is given an opportunity that maybe some other people don’t have. She’s needed on this team, but it depends on how she plays and if she proves herself and things like that. I have no doubt that she will.”

“I think it is pretty seamless for a lot of the UConn players because even though players are bigger and more experienced, the mentality that UConn players come in with is that of a professional,” Collier said. “Coach [Auriemma] prepares us so well for that in college, what you have to expect from yourself, self-accountability, playing through whatever ... I think that’s why we have such an advantage when we come to the league because we already have that professional mentality.”

Reeve made it clear that Dangerfield will have to earn her minutes, but she has seen that readiness from former Huskies before, including most recently Collier, the Lynx’s 2019 No. 6 overall pick and reigning WNBA Rookie of the Year.
It’s not going to be oversaid at any point in time how all of us enjoy players who play at UConn," Reeve told reporters Friday. “They are plug-and-play players."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom