Nice Brice McAllister quote. | The Boneyard

Nice Brice McAllister quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
" I grew up watching Donald Brown to Andre Dixon to Jordan Todman. I told myself that I wanted to be out there one day..."

That said, watching his tape, I don't like the way he carries the ball, the ball is constantly held away from his body, it's a fumble waiting to happen. There's time to fix it but fix it he must. Good luck and welcome aboard to Brice.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
" I grew up watching Donald Brown to Andre Dixon to Jordan Todman. I told myself that I wanted to be out there one day..."

That said, watching his tape, I don't like the way he carries the ball, the ball is constantly held away from his body, it's a fumble waiting to happen. There's time to fix it but fix it he must. Good luck and welcome aboard to Brice.

Nothing a little training device known as duct tape can't fix. Put the ball in his arm held high and tight and tape around his body. It's all about muscle memory.

Reaction Score
We've hit that time period where these kids have no recollection of Memorial Stadium. They only know UCONN as a member of the Big East/AAC playing at the Rent.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hardly have a recollection of Memorial. But that's probably due to all of the scotch.

16175_ron_burgundy_scotch.jpg

Reaction Score
2004 opening means that the 17/18 year-old seniors were in 4th grade when the Rent opened.

Reaction Score

I think he'll be okay. He reminds me of Reggie Bush and LeSean McCoy holding the football and there not fumble prone backs. But, hopefully he works on his all around game especially his speed.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It took Tom Coughlin one entire preseason camp to get Tiki Barber to carry the ball correctly. I don't see this as too large of an issue.

Reaction Score
It took Tom Coughlin one entire preseason camp to get Tiki Barber to carry the ball correctly. I don't see this as too large of an issue.

Yet, somehow he can't fix David Wilson.

The bigger issue is that Connecticut kids (Mass in this case) are seeing UConn players as role models.

Reaction Score
I think he'll be okay. He reminds me of Reggie Bush and LeSean McCoy holding the football and there not fumble prone backs. But, hopefully he works on his all around game especially his speed.

I just watched his video (link in "CT signees" thread). Are there numbers available on his speed? I know little to nothing about Suffield's competition, but he looked like the fastest player on the field in every game shown. Of course, in the land of 5.5 forties, the 4.9 is king. A couple of things did stick out; amazing balance and he sure doesn't shy away from contact. If his speed is sufficient, this will be a good class for RB's.

Reaction Score
I just watched his video (link in "CT signees" thread). Are there numbers available on his speed? I know little to nothing about Suffield's competition, but he looked like the fastest player on the field in every game shown. Of course, in the land of 5.5 forties, the 4.9 is king. A couple of things did stick out; amazing balance and he sure doesn't shy away from contact. If his speed is sufficient, this will be a good class for RB's.

Ran a little track in his spare time:
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/brice-mcallister-commit-to-uconn-2014-rb.41238/#post-641020

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...scholastics/JiXhujVtSUymjsd0prsN5O/story.html

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

He looks like a guy who can play on Sundays to me. I think we have 2 NFL RBs in this class.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've got a feeling that McAllister is going to be a very good UConn RB. I really do feel like we've got 3 gems at RB in this year's class...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom