Nice article on Caron Butler in the Courant | The Boneyard

Nice article on Caron Butler in the Courant

Reaction Score
If you want to know what Caron's been up to.

“The campus and structure of Connecticut helped me see the world through different lenses,” Butler says. “It helped me interact and understand the importance of community. And my will comes from the things that were planted in me by Coach Calhoun. I’m on a mission to see justice for all people, see equality for all people, and I can see that mission. I can see that goal. I can see it being obtained. And I know there are going to be hardships and there are going to be hurdles in the way, just like there was trying to win a championship at the University of Connecticut. But I know that we can get there. I know what it takes to get there. It’s going to take a ton of collective minds, staying together and staying the course, but if we don’t get distracted off the path, if we stay engaged and stay together, we will get there.”

Link for those without Courant access: UConn great Caron Butler’s second act a mission to ‘move the needle to the right side of justice’

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I would love to let people know what I know. I’ve been in rooms that people can’t get in. Everybody should have access to their elected officials, but they don’t. I’m able to talk to my senator. I’m able to talk my congressman. I’m able to talk to these elected officials and get a pulse of how they think and what they’re doing. There are some things that I love that they’re doing, and some things that I don’t like, and they can get better on in a lot of areas. I wanted to share that information on my platform constantly and try to educate and inform. And what you do with it, to each his own.”

Reaction Score
If ever there's an argument about whether athletic scholarships are beneficial or not, Caron is the poster child for why scholarships do indeed make a difference in some people's lives. Without basketball Caron probably never goes to college and never becomes the difference maker he seems to be.

Reaction Score
If ever there's an argument about whether athletic scholarships are beneficial or not, Caron is the poster child for why scholarships do indeed make a difference in some people's lives. Without basketball Caron probably never goes to college and never becomes the difference maker he seems to be.
Thats why it upsets me to see people breaking down college athletes by that small % who turn professional
The trading of athleticism for an education has given hundreds of thousands of kids without means a chance to improve their life. Frankly as a fan of the college game I care as much or more about that 99% than the 1%

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Everyone needs to read his book. Tuff Juice!
It's a great book. Not sure if still true as it's been a few years, but thought I had heard Mark Wahlberg had bought the rights to make a movie based on it similar to The Blind Side.

Reaction Score
Former UConn star Caron Butler joined The Courant’s Dom Amore for a wide-ranging interview on this week’s UConn Insider podcast.

You’ll hear Butler discuss the enduring lessons of the relationship he forged with Kobe Bryant, his work with the More Than A Vote initiative, his memories of playing for Jim Calhoun and much more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom