Nice article from Boston.com | The Boneyard

Nice article from Boston.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Giffey’s out-of-nowhere barrage of “NBA Jam”-style fireballs (‘90s video game reference!) makes you wonder how he still doesn’t have a year of eligibility left. I constantly find myself thinking “he’s gonna be awesome next year,” then remembering Giffey is a senior and breaking down in tears."

Thanks for posting, that was great.

Reaction Score
Husky fan, lawyer and occasional contributor !!! Great writer and good story, thanks Marat!!!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Loved his wording of the APR BS: "Ollie was handed a team with low expectations – a young roster with questionable talent and with no hope to make either its conference or the national tournament, as a result of inheriting sanctions due to low academic progress scores."

Reaction Score
Loved his wording of the APR BS: "Ollie was handed a team with low expectations – a young roster with questionable talent and with no hope to make either its conference or the national tournament, as a result of inheriting sanctions due to low academic progress scores."

I agree, the word "inheriting" is appropriate, as far as capturing the fact that that team was punished for the apparent transgressions of past teams.

It doesn't address the fact that we were specifically targeted for punishment with a rule that was enforced retroactively, with no leeway given for adjusting to the new penalties.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Best line of the article: "If you can’t find a reason to root for Ollie, then what’s the point of following sports?"
I read that as "Kevin Ollie embodies all that is great about sports."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc